Israeli police officer caught kicking Palestinian boy on video

A video showing an Israeli police officer kicking a nine-year-old Palestinian boy has prompted an official investigation.

The footage, released by the Israeli human rights organisation B?Tselem, shows the child, Abd a-Rahman Burqan, on the ground as he is held by a border police officer. Another police officer then kicks the boy. The first policeman releases him and he runs away.

The incident took place last week in Hebron, a volatile West Bank city where several hundred hardline Jewish settlers live protected by Israeli troops, B?Tselem said.

The cameraman, Raed Abu Rimle, told the Israeli paper Yedioth Ahronoth: ?I heard yelling and I saw a soldier kick a boy in the stomach. After the policemen left him, I approached the kid. He was so scared that he?d ****ed his pants.?

A statement from the border police said it ?views with gravity and condemns the behaviour of the policemen, which contradicts the values the corps upholds. It is important to note that this is an exceptional incident that does not represent the extensive activity of the combat Border Police troops to further the security of the State of Israel.?

The incident followed a report published last week by a group of eminent British lawyers that concluded Israel had breached international law in its treatment of Palestinian children in military custody.

It is the latest of a string of actions caught on camera that have caused controversy. Previous video clips have shown an Israeli soldier butting a Danish pro-Palestinian activist in the face with his rifle and settlers firing guns at Palestinian villagers.

Article Link

Not that I expect Israel to have a concept of human rights anyway, goes to show .... (N)

You wanna talk about human rights?

You can be gay, muslim, and live a peaceful life in Israel... How many gay christians (or any other religion) in Palestine?

Give me a break...

You wanna talk about human rights?

You can be gay, muslim, and live a peaceful life in Israel... How many gay christians (or any other religion) in Palestine?

Give me a break...

thats great. so that means that kid deserves to be kicked and every other crappy things that happen to people there.

A video showing an Israeli police officer kicking a nine-year-old Palestinian boy has prompted an official investigation.

The footage, released by the Israeli human rights organisation B?Tselem, shows the child, Abd a-Rahman Burqan, on the ground as he is held by a border police officer. Another police officer then kicks the boy. The first policeman releases him and he runs away.

The incident took place last week in Hebron, a volatile West Bank city where several hundred hardline Jewish settlers live protected by Israeli troops, B?Tselem said.

The cameraman, Raed Abu Rimle, told the Israeli paper Yedioth Ahronoth: ?I heard yelling and I saw a soldier kick a boy in the stomach. After the policemen left him, I approached the kid. He was so scared that he?d ****ed his pants.?

A statement from the border police said it ?views with gravity and condemns the behaviour of the policemen, which contradicts the values the corps upholds. It is important to note that this is an exceptional incident that does not represent the extensive activity of the combat Border Police troops to further the security of the State of Israel.?

The incident followed a report published last week by a group of eminent British lawyers that concluded Israel had breached international law in its treatment of Palestinian children in military custody.

It is the latest of a string of actions caught on camera that have caused controversy. Previous video clips have shown an Israeli soldier butting a Danish pro-Palestinian activist in the face with his rifle and settlers firing guns at Palestinian villagers.

Article Link

Not that I expect Israel to have a concept of human rights anyway, goes to show .... (N)

Please - there are *bad apples* in every police department - everywhere.

However, that is indeed the problem with such officers - they do tend to be used to tar the rest of the department with the same brush - undeserved or not.

O.k, so let's start with the obvious fact that kicking a 9 years old boy is not right.

Now that we said that let's talk about your interesting statement of

How about you open a topic about Syrian human rights.

How about you open a topic about human rights in Iran.

How about you open a topic about human rights in any other Arab country that treat women like garbage, or Christians like garbage.

After you open topics on all of those issues where thousands or tens of thousands of people (maybe more) suffer, then we can talk about one person kicking a 9 years old boy.

O.k, so let's start with the obvious fact that kicking a 9 years old boy is not right.

How about you open a topic about human rights in any other Arab country that treat women like garbage, or Christians like garbage.

After you open topics on all of those issues where thousands or tens of thousands of people (maybe more) suffer, then we can talk about one person kicking a 9 years old boy.

What has any of that got to do with the fact that Israelis don't care about the human rights of Palestinians? Tens of thousands of Palestinians (and more) are suffering so why can't we talk about that or one example of that suffering?

• Like 2

You have made a pretty broad statement right there concerning human rights. In Syria the human rights violations are coming from the Free Syria Army, who has been known to cut police officers bodies into pieces and throw them in the river as well as destroying Churches. In Iran, the human rights violation that everyone keeps talking about is the execution of homosexuals and there has only been 5 known cases not like Saudi Arabia where women are whipped to death for driving cars, being with men in public, walking around without a "Guardian", and many more. Also In Iran who don't get your hand chopped off for doing silly things. Not all Arab countries have horrible human rights records and there are countries such as China, Israel, Zimbabwe, Uzbekistan, and many more who have much worse records and nobody even talks about them. Israel doesn't get talked about because it is a "friend" of the U.S. even though they have been violating international human rights laws (Source).

Please do some research and have some insight on the issue before preceeding in just talking about whatever the news says.

What human rights are the Israeli forces denying the Palestinians exactly?

What human rights are the Israeli forces denying the Palestinians exactly?

The way they are treated in prisons is like animals. They are imprisoned without reason and not given a chance to plead innocence. There homes are destroyed left and right to make way for "settlements", what is this the colonial era? I can name many more, but these a a few big ones.

You have made a pretty broad statement right there concerning human rights. In Syria the human rights violations are coming from the Free Syria Army, who has been known to cut police officers bodies into pieces and throw them in the river as well as destroying Churches. In Iran, the human rights violation that everyone keeps talking about is the execution of homosexuals and there has only been 5 known cases not like Saudi Arabia where women are whipped to death for driving cars, being with men in public, walking around without a "Guardian", and many more. Also In Iran who don't get your hand chopped off for doing silly things. Not all Arab countries have horrible human rights records and there are countries such as China, Israel, Zimbabwe, Uzbekistan, and many more who have much worse records and nobody even talks about them. Israel doesn't get talked about because it is a "friend" of the U.S. even though they have been violating international human rights laws (Source).

Please do some research and have some insight on the issue before preceeding in just talking about whatever the news says.

There is a war going on in Syria and whatever the Free Syria Army are doing, they do it because innocent civilians get killed everyday for no reason and without any regret.

Now of course you can point to the fact that Israel is killing civilians as well but that happens rarely, by mistake and Israel always apologize for that.

If you place Israel in the same place as China, Zimbabwe and Uzbekistan for human rights violations then you are the one that need to research the information. Now instead of pointing to a link please give me few example of how Israel violate human rights, that will show me if you really know what you are talking about or just take examples from internet sources.

The way they are treated in prisons is like animals. They are imprisoned without reason and not given a chance to plead innocence. There homes are destroyed left and right to make way for "settlements", what is this the colonial era? I can name many more, but these a a few big ones.

The prisoners are treated like kings. They have TV's, they are able to study and finish degrees in prison, the have visitations and what not. Can you say the same for the Israel soldier that was in captivity for 5 years? I dont think so.

They are imprisoned because they are terrorists and not just because. You want to go in to it then find me names of prisoners that are imprisoned for no reason.

No homes have been destroyed for a long time and the settlements are in their locations for a long time now. I'm not saying that they are there legally or not but nothing was destroyed to places them there for a LONG time.

Evidence?

Notice how he was filming BEFORE the boy was attacked ? That's a clear indicator of the whole thing being set up, you don't have to dig very far to come across similar cases.

And what they fail to mention almost every single time a Palestinian is "attacked" by an Israeli, is that same Palestinian was throwing rocks at his "attacker" seconds before he got "attacked".

Nonsense, Israel gets "talked about" on a daily basis, just look at the UN, for example, half of their meetings about about Israel.

Or, for example, the amount of threads on Neowin that talk about Israel, compare that to the amount of threads that talk about other countries - those that are NOT trending at the moment, that means talking about Egypt while there are hundreds of thousands of people in one square is not quite the same thing, same goes for Syrian threads when a massacre occurs. This thread is a proof of you being dead wrong.

More nonsense, they have everything they need in their prisons, except for means of communication, but they get that too with a little bit of help from the outside, TV's, food, drinks, anything you can imagine, pretty much everything is given by the Red Cross.

Not EVERYONE are there without "reason" as you call it, it's called an administrative arrest here and it's basically when they know you did something wrong but they can't actually prove it in a court of law, and while that sucks in the human rights aspect, I'm perfectly fine with it that a terrorist is sitting behind thick walls without a proper trial.

Many get released, yet you don't hear from there, because it's not newsworthy, unless it's on a massive scale.

Many prisoners who were released to secure the release of Gilad Shalit were terrorists with blood on their hands, you of course won't accept anything from Israelis as proof, but thankfully we don't give a ****.

Also, bull****, the homes get destroyed as a deterrent for people to not take arms, as their families get paid by whoever is recruiting them, it's one way to stop the family from benefiting from their murderous Father. And no settlements are build on destroyed homes, that would be retarded, they would be in the middle of a Palestinian town, unless you have some proof the world is unaware of, of Israel wiping out whole towns ?

I bet you can name many more lies and misinformation, that's what pro-Palestinians are best at.

Edit:

Oh yeah, while the video is one giant bull**** in my eyes, the Border Police are indeed a bunch of animals, it's like the worst kept secret here that they are beating Palestinians, but Jews get the same treatment from them, if you somehow manage to get in their way, same goes for the regular Police here, they don't handle Palestinians, but they are total *******s and WILL hit you if you **** them off.

Edit 2:

Oh yeah, enjoy:

488042_358384180901725_1813530734_n.jpg

Who's the ******* now ?

thats great. so that means that kid deserves to be kicked and every other crappy things that happen to people there.

Nope, that only shows there's an idiot cop.

And you can still be gay, muslim, and live a happy life in Israel. for being gay and/or christian in Iran or Palestine, you get killed.