Photo

Windows 8 RP: Mouse jerking and freezing

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 amnesiality

amnesiality

Neowinian

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:20

Yup, I have the same problem. Mostly happens at startup (but not every time), and sometimes just randomly, even after using the computer for a few hours. I have a SteelSeries Sensei (but the same thing happened using my old Razer DeathAdder). I have 16 GB of RAM and an SSD, so this has to some kind of OS bug.

#17 OP AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 July 2012 - 22:42

I'm probably reverting back to Windows 7 until 8 goes RTM. Hopefully they fix this annoying bug by then. Honestly, I don't even want to upgrade, but need to keep up with current tech.

#18 zeta_immersion

zeta_immersion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 July 2012 - 22:50

is the mouse jerking on the tile ... ehehehmm yeah (read that on a peter griffin voice)

could be a number of things .. if it happened under 7 then get a new mouse, if not, then dirt on the laser if not ... interesting issue

#19 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 05 July 2012 - 22:52

Windows 8 being able to jerk is at least one new feature people here won't complain about.

#20 OP AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 July 2012 - 22:54

is the mouse jerking on the tile ... ehehehmm yeah (read that on a peter griffin voice)

could be a number of things .. if it happened under 7 then get a new mouse, if not, then dirt on the laser if not ... interesting issue

No issues under 7.

#21 LEXX911

LEXX911

Neowinian

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:08

Why don't you manually install the driver from here?
http://www.microsoft...se-5000#support
http://www.microsoft...s-keyboard-3000

#22 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 09 July 2012 - 16:10

Hmm.. this has happened a few times to me too...Each time I think it's the battery going out but seems to recover after a short while...

#23 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 July 2012 - 22:16

IE10 three digit tab numbers. IE10 effectively fails under stress.

You're saying it fails when you have 100+ tabs open?

#24 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

Posted 16 July 2012 - 00:22

You're saying it fails when you have 100+ tabs open?

Depends on a lot of variables. But yes, sometimes it fails. Especially if the site is slow.
I managed to get it to give me a warning message saying that the site is doing something illegal (it wasn't). Before that it was outputting gibberish in certain tabs.
Interesting.
IE10 has a lot of bugs in W8 RP most having to do with managing tabs and keeping cool under stress.

Edited by ArialBlue, 16 July 2012 - 00:23.

#25 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 00:57

How much ram do you have? I have crashes with 5 tabs open.

#26 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:45

Wow this is crazy. It just happened to me - Windows 8 RP. I don't usually use Firefox but when I opened it this is when it started happeni update: I mis-diagnosed, it was the USB Hard Drive that I don't usually use, and is a potentially faulty drive too.

I am using the trackpad on my laptop. When I put my finger on the trackpad (without moving my finger around) the cursor starts behaving erratically, jittering around in small movements until I let go. If I move my finger, the cursor jitters as I'm moving it. It makes it very hard to click things accurately.

I have not rebooted yet. Very strange.
update: Unplugging the USB Hard drive without rebooting fixed it.

Edited by Simon-, 16 July 2012 - 03:03.

#27 techboy1980

techboy1980

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 29 January 2013 - 15:21

I'm experiencing this issue with my mouse. Its a logitech mediaplay. Batteries are not low, its not bluetooth, and it worked on my win7 gear.
Just built a new rig with win 8 64bit, 32 gig ram, 2 hdd, 1 ssd, core i7, etc etc...

Mouse is just not fully responsive. My dad has a new win 8 computer as well, and connected a microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard to the comp and it was also jerky and not fully responsive.
No fix yet.
thanks

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!