UK High Court rules three Apple patents invalid, vindicates HTC

"Slide to unlock" is a gesture

According to Apple even one single touch is a 0 pixel gesture. Which should tell everyone how absurd this all has become and that it's not about progress or innovation in any way.

I bet Apple wish they could clone judge Koh and plant her into the British judiciary system

Android already changed the slide to unlock. It is not even the same. iOS, you slide one direction. Android, you can slide left, right, up, down....and even launch apps. But thats not good enough for Apple.

Exactly, Apple patented "Slide to Unlock" though which to them means any direction.

Can I get a patent on "knock to unlock" functionality? Have it be intuitive to read the touch pattern as well, like say... shave and a haircut?

:rofl:

To bad Apple wasnt the first to implement it on touch screens. But of course, since they got the patent, they can sue anyone who tries to use it tho

Not in the UK they can't. :p

Can I get a patent on "knock to unlock" functionality? Have it be intuitive to read the touch pattern as well, like say... shave and a haircut?

:rofl:

Seeing as Apple call a 0 pixel tap a gesture, there'll be a licensing fee for that, please.

2 bits should cover it. ;)

Not in the UK they can't. :p

Cuz the UK has a little more sense. Shouldnt be able to patent something that has already been developed by someone else and implemented already.