Married for 11 years as of today

Don't know how I have manged, but I have made it 11 years! She called this morning and told me we have been together 13 years (she went to visit her dad, and step-mom)

• Like 3

I think it's sad that people these days call this an achievement.

I'm not trying to bag on you for making this thread, but more than anything I blame society.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks! The beer helps allot right now! :D

got reminded I am in for 6years ... got a lil depressed, but then I drank a bit and ate some food and it passed (played some ME3 - that helped a lot more)

Well, me and the girlfriend have been together for 18 years. Not getting married though.

Congrats.

I'm not trying to bag on you for making this thread, but more than anything I blame society.

Why blame society? It's only natural that marriages last less, it's in our genes.

I blame society for trying to keep the charade called marriage.

Sorry OP. Not trying to rain on your parade, by all means, congrats. But it really irks me when people try to idealize such outdated institutions.

Congratulations, and I wish you both many more years of happiness together :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I dont think theres anyone on this planet I want to see 7 days a week, therefore I cannot imagine how you accomplished this feat but a very large tip of the hat to you sir!

I'm on 12 years. you basically have 2 people with opposing viewpoints and have to learn to agree and work things out peacefully as possible

true... my par has been married for 30 yrs and these days its a miracle..

Anyway, congrats I hope you remain the same for long...

I don't. I don't believe humans are monogamous creatures though. I will admit, I just couldn't stay with one person my entire life. Monogamy is just not natural.

Nevertheless, congratulations to you! You have far more endurance than I, you masochist! Only 'til death do you part to go! :p

Only been married coming up on 4 years however my grandparents have been together for nearly 60

Congrats :)

Sounds like a lot of people in here haven't found any really good partners! That's sad.