• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:01

:wacko: :s :wacko: :s

Anyway...

Wait for the XL. The screen is larger and the quality of the 3D is reported to be a lot better. I'll be trading my 3DS in and upgrading immediately.

Yeah but the XL will be double the price I can get an OG 3DS though. Is it worth double the price???

#17 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:05

Yeah but the XL will be double the price I can get an OG 3DS though. Is it worth double the price???

Wait, what? Why will it be double? Are you buying a used 3DS?

Personally, I'd save up a little more and get the 3DSXL. Especially if portability isn't a huge concern.

#18 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:38

Yes a second hand 3DS goes for £80-90, the 3DS XL in the UK will be £180. I don't need to save up I could order the XL right now if I wanted. I just don't see the point in spending £100 more just for a bigger screen when there is no increase in resolution. Just like blowing up standard definition video, the pixels are bigger which means aliasing will look more severe.

#19 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:56

I had a 3DS back when they were new, and I wasn't that impressed with it. The 3D function is largely a gimmick and it was easier to play games without it on. But that's just me.

#20 OP TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:17

I held off getting one at launch and glad I did as there were no games, now there are. Mario 3d Land, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Theatrhythm, etc.. etc.. I don't really care about 3D I just like first party Nintendo stuff, the 3D is a bonus. Maybe grab some DS games I missed as well.

#21 Manda Panda Dinsmore

Manda Panda Dinsmore

Neowinian

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:20

Don't buy this 3DS garbage. Get an iPad - a true quality product

Sure Ipad is good and all but you can't get 90% of the games you want on there, for example Harvest Moon isn't on ipad but i can get it on 3ds and wii and every other console. Plus if you look at the price between them its cheaper and would be less likely to smash the screen.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!