MSI Slider S20 Ultrabook

MSI showcased their very own Windows 8 convertible ultrabook called the MSI Slider S20. It?s slimmer than 22mm (Intel?s ultrabook requirement), packs an Intel i3 or i5 processor, a 64GB to 128GB SSD, a USB 3.0 slot, a mini-HDMI slot, and a display which can be collapsed into a tablet covering the chiclet style keyboard.

Green Lin, the MSI Marketing Manager, stated that the device will be shipping as early as September 2012. However, Windows 8 won?t be out until October 2012, so the MSI Slider S20 might be delayed until then. The MSI Slider S20 will have a price tag of $799 (P33,600) to $899 (P38,000)

IMG_0830-560x373.jpg

some ugly stuff, outch, you can see the bad/lag/nor natural page scrolling comparing to any ipad for example. We are 2012 and these guys are making products for 2008. The design is awfull very thick and it seems somewhat heavy. The keyboard is a turn-off the way it is design.

Compare this to MS Surface keyboard system, its not even comparable.

some ugly stuff, outch, you can see the bad/lag/nor natural page scrolling comparing to any ipad for example. We are 2012 and these guys are making products for 2008. The design is awfull very thick and it seems somewhat heavy. The keyboard is a turn-off the way it is design.

Compare this to MS Surface keyboard system, its not even comparable.

The design might not be final as it's only a prototype which was shown on the floors of Computex 2012 and this was announced ahead of Microsoft's Surface. Other than that I think they did a pretty good job designing it. It's far from perfect, however, it's still doable.

I am not so sure about these 'ultrabook' tablets. Who are they geared towards? I can't think off the top of my head one person that would want it. I like the smallness, I just cannot honestly see a use for something like this that a regular 13 or 14in notebook couldn't do and even surpass. On the other hand, I have been looking for a new notebook and was thinking about this MSI G Series GT700NC-013US or this ASUS G75 Series G75VW-NS71

I am not so sure about these 'ultrabook' tablets. Who are they geared towards? I can't think off the top of my head one person that would want it. I like the smallness, I just cannot honestly see a use for something like this that a regular 13 or 14in notebook couldn't do and even surpass. On the other hand, I have been looking for a new notebook and was thinking about this MSI G Series GT700NC-013US or this ASUS G75 Series G75VW-NS71

I think it's geared towards current tablet users who want more power. Imagine bringing a 10 inch tablet running on a a third generation Intel Core processor with a built in keyboard. It would save consumers hundreds of dollars of purchasing a separate tablet and an ultrabook.

If you're looking for a gaming laptop, I suggest you go for the ASUS G Series. I have a few videos up here on my website of the new ASUS G Series from Computex 2012 - http://www.techdron.com/asus-g-series-g75vw-and-g55vw-product-demo-computex-2012/