Rough price to fix a 4th generation iPod touch screen?

Anyone know a rough price that places charge to fix a cracked screen on a 4th generation iPod touch in the UK?

I wouldn't even know where to go to get it done, in fact.

Anyone know a rough price that places charge to fix a cracked screen on a 4th generation iPod touch in the UK?

I wouldn't even know where to go to get it done, in fact.

Apple licensed repair shop, perhaps? :)

This page might help you:

http://support.apple...om&product=ipod

This page might be helpful locating authorized service points:

http://www.apple.com/uk/buy/locator/

That all is if you prefer Apple / Apple licensed repairs/replacements.

I personally would only chose the Apple service, if the price difference is neglecteble, and according to that table (first link > "Repair Pricing" -> expand), that might or might not be the case.

Glassed Silver:mac

<snipped>

Glassed Silver:mac

I often hear stories of people taking such things into Apple Stores and the stores replacing them free-of-charge :o

... what do you think the chances are? :p

Just called the Apple Store in Birmingham and they said they'd charge ?85 to replace the whole iPod touch.

Two thoughts:

1) More expensive than replacing just the screen, and money is short at the moment.

2) Then again, the Home button is also starting to be dodgy, so this replacement would fix that also.

Sometimes Apple replace items free of charge, even if they're out of warranty. Personally I think it's worth taking your chances.

Just called the Apple Store in Birmingham and they said they'd charge ?85 to replace the whole iPod touch.

Two thoughts:

1) More expensive than replacing just the screen, and money is short at the moment.

2) Then again, the Home button is also starting to be dodgy, so this replacement would fix that also.

if you still have warranty use the dodgy home button to your advantage. say its fault and you dont want it to be come a major fault when the warranty is out and cost you megga bucks.

apple stores usually just do it for free if you're lucky.

I took my iPhone in and got a replacement one because the silent switch was become about warn.

I also took in a 2 year old apple usb cable because the end of it was all coming apart and they swapped it for a new one off the store shelf priced at like ?10 or whatever they're.

Just act nice and they might just do it for you.

You might find a cheap faulty one on ebay with a good screen

I am not risking doing it myself.

Sometimes Apple replace items free of charge, even if they're out of warranty. Personally I think it's worth taking your chances.

Yeh, we can try :) We'll have the ?85 ready, just in case.

if you still have warranty use the dodgy home button to your advantage. say its fault and you dont want it to be come a major fault when the warranty is out and cost you megga bucks.

apple stores usually just do it for free if you're lucky.

I took my iPhone in and got a replacement one because the silent switch was become about warn.

I also took in a 2 year old apple usb cable because the end of it was all coming apart and they swapped it for a new one off the store shelf priced at like ?10 or whatever they're.

Just act nice and they might just do it for you.

The warranty ran out a year ago.

If you are good with your hands

~$30 on ebay for the LCD part and here for instructions

http://www.ifixit.co...Teardown/3562/1

I am not risking doing it myself.

Do it yourself and don't be a wuss :p

Sense of satisfaction will be immense.

Other option is to just pay through the nose using one of these various other options people have suggested.

Fixing those things are a complete pain in the ass. They are honestly designed so you're not able to fix anything without breaking more parts. Apple will just take it and throw it in the trash and give you a new one.

I say you go into the Apple Store, act nice and respectful, and there's a decent chance you'll get it replaced for free.

Play it off like it was an honest accident and that you're losing sleep over it.

If not, ?85 is cheaper than a new one. :)

+1 to the Apple store. I know of quite a few people who were able to have thing replaced that were out of warranty. I am not sure if its just the luck of the draw because I also know people who had to pay $100 for the screen repair. They replaced my out of warranty ipod touch when the wifi stopped working, was very grateful.