12 posts in this topic

Posted

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][b]First bite of 12.50

Posted

I love Opera :) But I usually skip all the test builds, waiting for final :)

Posted

Whoa, hell just froze over! Opera actually making use of OS X provided APIs instead of reinventing the wheel themselves? I can't believe I'm reading this.

Posted

I might give this a whirl

Posted

Seems more solid than 12.00 which never should have been released as a final.
1 person likes this

Posted

Check out the labs build with SPDY.

Posted

This is stupid but not really Opera's fault :/
[quote][font=georgia,serif]As previously announced, a subset of widely used -webkit- prefixed CSS properties are now mapped to their -o- counterpart. The supported properties include -webkit-box-shadow, -webkit-transform, -webkit-transform-origin, -webkit-border-radius, -webkit-border-top-left-radius, -webkit-border-top-right-radius, -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius, -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius, -webkit-transition, -webkit-transition-delay, -webkit-transition-duration, -webkit-transition-property, and -webkit-transition-timing-function. [/font][/quote]

Posted

[quote name='citan' timestamp='1341585390' post='594983949']
I love Opera :) But I usually skip all the test builds, waiting for final :)
[/quote]

Me too. Sounds great though.

Posted

[quote name='BajiRav' timestamp='1341588135' post='594984033']
This is stupid but not really Opera's fault :/
[/quote]
I hate it when browsers use the prefixes...I don't want to see -o-, -moz-, -webkit- or -ms-...They should just all suppose the CSS standard...

Nice list of items...Though now I have to figure out how to disable the Clipboard API's...One thing I liked about Opera, they didn't support it before lol

Posted

[quote name='ncc50446' timestamp='1341627613' post='594985357']
I hate it when browsers use the prefixes...I don't want to see -o-, -moz-, -webkit- or -ms-...They should just all suppose the CSS standard...
[/quote]
Those prefixes are there for reason. They are there for the parts of CSS that hasn't been finalized yet. When they are finally finalized, the browser vendors will support non-prefixed versions too. It's just to make sure each vendor supports the final draft instead of everyone supporting different versions of the standard. It would be a massive mess with no prefixes and each browser just supporting random versions of drafts.

Granted, there has been issues with this approach too (buggy implementations) but it's the best way there is to provide a way to add incoming standards support to browsers so that people can start trying them out.

Posted

[quote name=' Zkal' timestamp='1341648860' post='594985677']

Those prefixes are there for reason. They are there for the parts of CSS that hasn't been finalized yet. When they are finally finalized, the browser vendors will support non-prefixed versions too. It's just to make sure each vendor supports the final draft instead of everyone supporting different versions of the standard. It would be a massive mess with no prefixes and each browser just supporting random versions of drafts.

Granted, there has been issues with this approach too (buggy implementations) but it's the best way there is to provide a way to add incoming standards support to browsers so that people can start trying them out.
[/quote]

it's a massive mess right now. moreso than if prefixes wheren't used, and coders instead properly checked for support.

Posted

[quote name=' Zkal' timestamp='1341648860' post='594985677']

[/quote]
I would say that it's good in theory. But it's not. Most times when people add it to their site, they only add some of the browsers. Most often webkits, sometime moz. And most times leave out the CSS without the prefix, or IE's or Opera's, so browsers like Opera, who do support those features now, can't see them. I've seen a lot of examples like that when trying to learn some more CSS3. I've been having to use an extension that adds support.