A Message from RIM's CEO: 'Don't count BlackBerry out'

I have never seen anyone with a Blackberry. Not a single person and I've been to quite a few places around the globe in my previous job.

Guess not to the Netherlands then. BlackBerrys are literally everywhere here. As we speak I'm traveling by tram and without standing up I already count nine BlackBerry users. Granted, the tram is pretty packed. Not that I heard of a single person who actually ended up being happy with one.

Sorry for your loss.

well...it does exactly what I bought it for. It's got stellar battery life while pushing whatsapp, facebook and BBM messages, so i'm dandy. Same cannot be said for my Apple-cr#p, I got tired of it, and the limitless amount of stupidity to do simple things, like....copying my contacts onto my sim! Hope RIM gets on track again

well...it does exactly what I bought it for. It's got stellar battery life while pushing whatsapp, facebook and BBM messages, so i'm dandy. Same cannot be said for my Apple-cr#p, I got tired of it, and the limitless amount of stupidity to do simple things, like....copying my contacts onto my sim! Hope RIM gets on track again

Stupidity to do simple things; like having to restart your phone for every single app update or pull the battery if an app crashes? Not to mention the stupidly amount of time everything costs. Please.

These days your typical smartphone holds more contact information than a SIM card can handle. What you're doing is pretty much the same as complaining you can't install OS X on a 3,5-inch floppy disk.

The whole article basically sounded like RIM's CEO was making just noise in an effort to make the company seem relevant. Sadly, that's not the case. They have been way been the curve for so long, it's only a matter of time before they officially announce bankruptcy.

Stupidity to do simple things; like having to restart your phone for every single app update or pull the battery if an app crashes? Not to mention the stupidly amount of time everything costs. Please.

These days your typical smartphone holds more contact information than a SIM card can handle. What you're doing is pretty much the same as complaining you can't install OS X on a 3,5-inch floppy disk.

well, each phone has its pros and cons. After just coming from my iphone, i'm happy that my blackberry does the majority of simple things the best. I'm sure RIM can shape up. Anyways, thanks for the tasteless comments at best...its clear when I state 'just got a blackberry, I support RIM' and you replying by saying 'you're loss' that you like to troll. If anything that's all you do, constant OSX/iOS trolling in every thread, just look for stupid comments by 'Neo' in any Android, Samsung, Apple patent or Windows Mobile thread and viola. So thanks mate, but no thanks.

Lets assume that everying he says is true. The problem with delaying the phone so long is that its really going 1) hurt sales. 2) Its going to make developers who are really needed in order to jump start an eco-system very skeptical that this phone will ever be released. Your not only going against they iphone OS 6 and probable then next version of Android after jelly bean, but also windows phone 8. Developers have limited resources and there are not going to write for all 4 Operating Systems.

Well if they plan on surviving they are going to need to make sure that their new phones are top notch. My first and only Blackberry was enough to turn me away from the platform. Everything about it was pretty terrible.

well, each phone has its pros and cons. After just coming from my iphone, i'm happy that my blackberry does the majority of simple things the best. I'm sure RIM can shape up. Anyways, thanks for the tasteless comments at best...its clear when I state 'just got a blackberry, I support RIM' and you replying by saying 'you're loss' that you like to troll. If anything that's all you do, constant OSX/iOS trolling in every thread, just look for stupid comments by 'Neo' in any Android, Samsung, Apple patent or Windows Mobile thread and viola. So thanks mate, but no thanks.

You completely fail to take into account I've been using a BlackBerry Torch 9860 for the past year so I have first hand experience regarding RIM's current offerings. I choose the headset because I wanted to give the company a fair try and man did they blew it. If you bothered to put on your glasses and look to the left you would have noticed I recently switched to a Nokia Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 7.5. Couldn't be happier with it. I never owned an iPhone in my life and never seriously considered getting one. Apart from maybe the physical keyboard, which tend to break down on a regular basis, I really wouldn't know what "simple tasks" a BlackBerry truly does better. In many aspects RIM's operating system is lightyears behind the competition (Apple, Google, Microsoft, you pick), unbelievably slow at doing just about everything, filled with bugs and quite frankly just end-user unfriendly. When my Torch 9860 had to be turned in for repairs (unresponsive back button high volumes of units suffer from) going back to my two-year-old HTC Legend running Android was a breath of fresh air. Next time try responding to the actual content of my reply instead of launching an incredibly misguided personal attack.

Hopefully they do gain traction. We use them at work and they sync perfectly with our non Exchange email server, MDaemon owned by RIM.