Once Upon a Time (Season 2)

6Wz8.jpg

A legendary warrior is joining Once Upon a Time?s second season.

Hangover 2 and Sucker Punch actress Jamie Chung has been cast as the Chinese fighter Mulan in the show. The character is expected to have a recurring role in the ABC hit?s eagerly awaited second season.

The character originates from an ancient Chinese poem about Hua Mulan, a young woman who takes her elderly father?s place in the army. ABC?s parent company Disney adapted the story for a well-received 1998 animated musical film starring Ming-Na and Eddie Murphy.

UPDATE: Some more details about Mulan?s character. She?s described as having been trained in weaponry, tracking and riding, but ?has a spirituality that enhances

her tactical and strategic abilities. She has suffered past betrayals, so her trust is hard-won, but once she gives her oath of friendship her loyalty knows no boundaries.? Also, ?when she falls in love, she falls hard.?

Once Upon a Time creators Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis have revealed which fairy tale characters will appear in season two.

The ABC fantasy drama will introduce a version of The Little Mermaid's Ariel, as well as both the title character and the villainous Jafar from Aladdin, according to TV Guide.

Series star Lana Parrilla (Regina Mills / the Evil Queen) recently told Digital Spy that she wanted season two of Once Upon a Time to introduce characters from The Little Mermaid.

Horowitz and Kitsis also confirmed that they are eager to cast Lost actor Jorge Garcia on the show.

Garcia previously starred in Fox sci-fi drama Alcatraz, but the series was axed following a single season in May.

Once Upon a Time will return this fall on Sundays at 8/7c on ABC. In the UK, the series airs on Channel 5.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s181/once-upon-a-time/news/a392408/once-upon-a-time-season-two-to-introduce-aladdin-jafar-ariel.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend recommended this series to me about a month ago. I wasn't too sure in the first couple of episodes, but Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle kept me going and before I knew it I had reached the end of series one and started waiting for series two.

A friend recommended this series to me about a month ago. I wasn't too sure in the first couple of episodes, but Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle kept me going and before I knew it I had reached the end of series one and started waiting for series two.

Agreed. I'm crushing on Goodwin but this is really Parrilla and Carlyle's show. I'm just worried that they will eventually run out of stories, though, if they still intend to follow the 'one fairytale per episode' way of presenting it.

Agreed. I'm crushing on Goodwin but this is really Parrilla and Carlyle's show. I'm just worried that they will eventually run out of stories, though, if they still intend to follow the 'one fairytale per episode' way of presenting it.

Goodwin is hella adorable :wub:

I'm crushing on Goodwin...

I agree that she's cute, but there's something about the Evil Queen that rocks my socks. Maybe it's her dark, "I'm just misunderstood" routine before she turns around and starts screwing everyone over. It's one of those vicious circles, she says that she is evil because she has never won in the past, and the people say that she has never won in the past because she is evil.

once_640.jpg

definitely looking forward to this, watched the first couple episodes of the first season, didn't know how they could make a full series out of it, they proved me wrong and it became my sunday night show.

I loved this episode. At the end of last season, I really have no idea how they'll continue the story but great season premiere. Definitely looking forward to the next episodes.

Was a great episode, I wasn't expecting the twist at the end, however I knew what would be under the rubble the very last scene. I too wondered how they would be able to carry the story on (now that all is revealed). Clearly I had nothing to fear as their new direction/plot is more than enough for this season and a following one (use this season to do the whole

Alternate Universe/Untouched Area

And then the following season can be like the combination of both.

last nights episode was really good, though I did get confused. Did RS Go back in time? I thought that Regina changed him in the first place :s