Accuweather widget on home screen....

How can I get rid of it, and use the one from the weather network instead...???

I've already downloaded and installed it....but I don't know how to swap them...

Thanks.

Oh yea, the phone is a galaxy S3.

what launcher are you using?

for the sense launcher you press and hold then drag it to a trash icon

what launcher are you using?

for the sense launcher you press and hold then drag it to a trash icon

It's also very similar with the TouchwizX launcher on the S3 :)

Ok, thanks. Didn't work out the way I wanted tho. Weather network only shows up as an icon, whereas accuweather shows up big, and with a clock. Obviously I'm missing something, but now at least I know how to delete the bloody things.

Mind you, it took me some time to even figure out how to answer incoming calls... :blush:

Going by its screenshots the Weather Network app does have a large widget (and smaller ones). Are you sure you're adding it to your home screen correctly?

Going by its screenshots the Weather Network app does have a large widget (and smaller ones). Are you sure you're adding it to your home screen correctly?

Absolutely not.

Press the Apps button in the dock at the bottom and then click widgets at the top and the weather widget you want should be in there :)

Go in to your applications folder, and if you look at the top you will see "Apps" and "Widgets." Select the "Widgets" option and then look for your Weather Network widget. Push and hold the icon and you'll be presented with your homescreen where you can place the widget.

EDIT: Blast, beaten to it by a minute.

s3.jpg

Here's what I'm trying to do. See the top part, where it says 7:00, and 71f. Right under the 71, it says accuweather. I want it to use the weather network, which for where I live is so much more accurate.

Here's whay I'm trying to do. See the top part, where it says 7:00, and 71f. Right under the 71, it says accuweather. I want it to use the weather network, which for where I live is so much more accurate.

I understand what you're trying to do. The instruction we provided above will put the widget on to your phone's homescreen. However, you need to check if the application has a widget (not all applications do). If it doesn't then you can only add the shortcut to the homescreen, which is what you described doing in your second post.

lol, all you need is to change the Weather provider from within the setting menu, since its Samsung property widget, I don't know, where exactly is the Service provider options in setting.

try to check if there's any application for that widget.

lol, all you need is to change the Weather provider from within the setting menu

I've just gone and checked, and there is no option to change the provider. You would have to get a different widget.

Oh well, thanks guys. The weather network only shows up as an icon, and no clock.

Thanks anyway.

Oh well, thanks guys. The weather network only shows up as an icon, and no clock.

Thanks anyway.

you need to add the widget to home screen, not the Application short cut, or maybe, there might be no clock option for Weather network widget ?

Never one to be outsmarted by an application, I went and downloaded the app. Sure enough, there is a widget for it. However, it looks pretty ugly compared to the stock widget. Maybe I've downloaded the wrong "The Weather Network" app though, I noticed that there were a couple.

It is icon size, right..?? And no clock..??

It's 2x1 and shows you the current temperature and weather condition of the location that you set. There is no clock. But it is a widget, not an icon/shortcut.

If you're willing to shell out a few bucks, HD Widgets is fantastic and it uses Accuweather for its weather portion. It's a whole pack of widgets you can use of different sizes--you can have a clock + weather, just weather, just clock, status icons for the phone, any combination of them. I'm not sure how much it costs--I got it during the 10-cent app sale--but I'd be willing to pay $5 or whatever for it, they're really snazzy looking, customisable, and all the info is right there.

Just tossing out the idea.

If you're willing to shell out a few bucks, HD Widgets is fantastic and it uses Accuweather for its weather portion. It's a whole pack of widgets you can use of different sizes--you can have a clock + weather, just weather, just clock, status icons for the phone, any combination of them. I'm not sure how much it costs--I got it during the 10-cent app sale--but I'd be willing to pay $5 or whatever for it, they're really snazzy looking, customisable, and all the info is right there.

A fair enough suggestion, although the OP wants to move away from Accuweather. Our widget uses Accuweather as default, and he would like it to point to The Weather Network instead, which isn't possible with the default widget.

I'll go and look in to HD Widgets though, thanks for the tip! (Y)

I also got this app during the 10c sale, and god is it hideous. The skins are all terrible. I use Fancy Widgets, much better skins. Also, lets you choose multiple weather providers. Beautiful Widgets is also pretty nice.

A fair enough suggestion, although the OP wants to move away from Accuweather. Our widget uses Accuweather as default, and he would like it to point to The Weather Network instead, which isn't possible with the default widget.

I'll go and look in to HD Widgets though, thanks for the tip! (Y)

Yikes, sorry, I hadn't had coffee yet and thought it was the other way around. Apologies!

and tsupersonic, to each his own I suppose. I have Beautiful Widgets as well but don't use it because it isn't as nice. HD Widgets is even better after the upgrade recently--you can customise every bit of it now. If you still have it and didn't get a refund, I'd encourage you to get the latest release and play around with it. But of course, everyone has different tastes.