3DS XL size comparison

I still think it's ridiculous that it doesn't ship with a charger.

• Like 1

I still think it's ridiculous that it doesn't ship with a charger.

I think it is only Japan that is going without the charger.

I think it is only Japan that is going without the charger.

Europe doesn't get one either. Which, is rather pointless, especially if they only cost a couple of pounds to manufacture. Still want to get a 3DSXL, though only if they release it in the same bronze & gold colour scheme they had on the DSiXL. Loved that.

I'd rather get a PS Vita. It seems that Nintendo are giving up. They announce Pokemon, then they say it's not for the 3DS. Slowly killing off their best game series...

I'd rather get a PS Vita. It seems that Nintendo are giving up. They announce Pokemon, then they say it's not for the 3DS. Slowly killing off their best game series...

You realise it took 3 years for Diamond & Pearl to actually come out after the DS launched? :p At least with the 3DS there's a number of Pok?mon related apps on the system already, Plus, Gamefreak have two main teams making these games - one team doing B&W2, and the other team working on next years release... which will probably be a 3DS game (they actually have all the 3D models for the Pok?mon now thanks to the Pok?dex apps, which would form the bulk of the work)

Not really, since this means a greater number of people still have access to the games, such as myself. I don't want to have to pay ?140 to be able to play the latest game, not yet anyway.

Plus there are numerous features exclusive to the 3DS, leaving a few exclusive to that hardware.

Vita is going to suffer the same fate as the PSP, I wouldn't buy another Vita even if my life depended on it.

You're a fool if you think that B&W2 still being on the ds is suddenly going to kill the pokemon series.

If anything, i'd say sony has been more guilty of "not trying" with their latest handheld.

Doesn't mean it won't work on the 3DS, however.

personally I'd rather have it for the DS right now as 3DS games don't work with the action replay yet

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up an XL today. Traded in the my old 3DS for it and i got Kingdom Hearts 3D with it.

While the console is quite a bit heavier and larger, it does fit nice in my hands and doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. I don't know how it will fair for younger kids or smaller handed people, especially when it comes to using the touch screen.

I picked up an XL today. Traded in the my old 3DS for it and i got Kingdom Hearts 3D with it.

While the console is quite a bit heavier and larger, it does fit nice in my hands and doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. I don't know how it will fair for younger kids or smaller handed people, especially when it comes to using the touch screen.

Have you had an opportunity to use the 3D yet? Apprently the effect is better and has a bit better viewing angle. Is that the case?

Here in Aus we have to wait until the 23rd of August. I'll be trading my 3DS in and getting this one.

To be honest i didn't notice much of a difference with the 3D. It does seem you have to hold it further away to see the 3D properly compared the smaller 3DS. In terms of viewing angle, again it felt like the same. A lot of reviews said the top screen looks pixelated on some games as they don't upscale, just stretch, but i've played Kingdom Hearts 3D on it and it looks great. In terms of graphical fidelity, it reminds me of Birth By Sleep on the PSP.

Turn the effect down, plus hold it further away. I find that helps.

Also trying to relax your eyes helps.

I've never had a problem with 3D (cinema, tv, 3ds). I know some people do though. My mate can't really watch 3D stuff because it hurts his eyes.

I bought an XL today with Mario 3D Land, the 3D is killing my eyes waste of ?210.

You'd have a point about it being a waste of money if you were forced to use the 3d at all times, whether you liked it or not. But you're not, so your complaint kinda doesn't have much point.

Has anyone played any DS games on the new 3DS XL? I'm just wondering how they look.

They look ok. It looks like you're playing a game on a LCD but not at its native resolution. It isn't that bad at all. It certainly doesn't put me off playing a DS game on it.

Will be getting Pokemon Black/White 2 as planned for it.

They look ok. It looks like you're playing a game on a LCD but not at its native resolution. It isn't that bad at all. It certainly doesn't put me off playing a DS game on it.

Will be getting Pokemon Black/White 2 as planned for it.

Cool.

IMO the screen is HUGE compared to the old 3DS, sadly, what has pished me off is the circle pad add-on obviously no longer works with it, and the games that use it, really need it to be enjoyable :( KH is totally spoiled because of it, I played for a few days before upgrading with the circle pad and it is a completely different game without it, I would go so far as to say it's next to unplayable without it :(

Really?

I'm getting on ok with KH without the circle pad but i haven't played the game with one, so i don't know how it is. Is the second circle pad used for moving the camera?

Some crazy guy has got the circle pad working on the 3DS XL.

http://kotaku.com/5930395/3ds-xl-forced-on-the-circle-pad-pro

Not skilled craftsmanship. Just smash the thing to bits and wedge it on there.

I think they are releasing a CPP for the 3DS XL. Kind of sucks if you already have a 3DS and the CPP, but, oh well, this is Nintendo.