image 3ds xl ipad vita ds iphone 4s

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 July 2012 - 20:09

To be honest i didn't notice much of a difference with the 3D. It does seem you have to hold it further away to see the 3D properly compared the smaller 3DS. In terms of viewing angle, again it felt like the same. A lot of reviews said the top screen looks pixelated on some games as they don't upscale, just stretch, but i've played Kingdom Hearts 3D on it and it looks great. In terms of graphical fidelity, it reminds me of Birth By Sleep on the PSP.

#17 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 14:31

I bought an XL today with Mario 3D Land, the 3D is killing my eyes waste of £210.

#18 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 August 2012 - 14:34

Turn the effect down, plus hold it further away. I find that helps.
Also trying to relax your eyes helps.

I've never had a problem with 3D (cinema, tv, 3ds). I know some people do though. My mate can't really watch 3D stuff because it hurts his eyes.

#19 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:39

I bought an XL today with Mario 3D Land, the 3D is killing my eyes waste of £210.

You'd have a point about it being a waste of money if you were forced to use the 3d at all times, whether you liked it or not. But you're not, so your complaint kinda doesn't have much point.

#20 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:51

Has anyone played any DS games on the new 3DS XL? I'm just wondering how they look.

#21 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:41

Has anyone played any DS games on the new 3DS XL? I'm just wondering how they look.

They look ok. It looks like you're playing a game on a LCD but not at its native resolution. It isn't that bad at all. It certainly doesn't put me off playing a DS game on it.
Will be getting Pokemon Black/White 2 as planned for it.

#22 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:42

They look ok. It looks like you're playing a game on a LCD but not at its native resolution. It isn't that bad at all. It certainly doesn't put me off playing a DS game on it.
Will be getting Pokemon Black/White 2 as planned for it.

Cool.

#23 +BeLGaRaTh

BeLGaRaTh

Been here since year .

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:51

IMO the screen is HUGE compared to the old 3DS, sadly, what has pished me off is the circle pad add-on obviously no longer works with it, and the games that use it, really need it to be enjoyable :( KH is totally spoiled because of it, I played for a few days before upgrading with the circle pad and it is a completely different game without it, I would go so far as to say it's next to unplayable without it :(

#24 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 August 2012 - 14:34

Really?
I'm getting on ok with KH without the circle pad but i haven't played the game with one, so i don't know how it is. Is the second circle pad used for moving the camera?

Some crazy guy has got the circle pad working on the 3DS XL.
http://kotaku.com/59...-circle-pad-pro
Not skilled craftsmanship. Just smash the thing to bits and wedge it on there.

#25 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 17:11

I think they are releasing a CPP for the 3DS XL. Kind of sucks if you already have a 3DS and the CPP, but, oh well, this is Nintendo.

#26 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 08 August 2012 - 19:41

Really?
I'm getting on ok with KH without the circle pad but i haven't played the game with one, so i don't know how it is. Is the second circle pad used for moving the camera?

Some crazy guy has got the circle pad working on the 3DS XL.
http://kotaku.com/59...-circle-pad-pro
Not skilled craftsmanship. Just smash the thing to bits and wedge it on there.

Most likely. A second analog stick rarely does anything but that in most games.

#27 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:52

You'd have a point about it being a waste of money if you were forced to use the 3d at all times, whether you liked it or not. But you're not, so your complaint kinda doesn't have much point.

Don't tell me what I think a waste of money is, I bought the 3DS to um, use the 3D function...........therefore it was a waste of money if I can't use 3D.

Also why are games on the Nintendo eShop so ridiculously overpriced, why would I buy NES/Gameboy games for £4-5???

#28 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:55

Ah, i see. You're one of "those" kind of people who don't buy gaming devices to, ya know, play games on them like they're made for.

#29 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 August 2012 - 16:34

Ah, i see. You're one of "those" kind of people who don't buy gaming devices to, ya know, play games on them like they're made for.

Yeah I went out and spent £180 on a 3DS XL just so I could turn the 3D off..........

#30 OP compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 17:10

TheLegendofMart, where did you buy your 3DS? Usually stores have consoles set up for you to play. Perhaps you should have tested it first to make sure your eyes could tolerate the 3D effect?

Personally, I don't use the 3D much anyway. It's a bit fun for some games and some sequences, but largely I turn it off. I am hoping DS games look better on the XL because I never owned a DS and I'd like to play some of the good games that were on that system.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!