Photo

I use Windows 8 like a power user! Do you?

win8

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#286 Malki

Malki

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:13

This will probably be as popular as a million £ gas bill, but here it comes anyway. I initially joined in with the " OMG where's my start menu " crowd and enjoyed laughing, ignorantly, at everybody else. Then a friend bought be a copy of Win 8 pro on release, which I've now been using for around a month.

I really haven't noticed the lack of a start menu on my desktop. What I have noticed is much snappier performance in 2D and 3D apps, copying files and general day to day usage. My friend initially used classic shell with his copy because he really liked the start menu, but now is running just the same as I am and loves it too, along with the rest of his family.

If you haven't tried it, try it, and if you have tried it, but really insist that it hurts your eyes, lowers your sex appeal or kills your children, you will have to stay on the slower, less secure windows 7.

No need to whine about it though, windows 9 will be along shortly, and they will probably have removed something else you can't live without :laugh:

Regardless, you are spending a lot of time in this and other similiar threads complaining about 8 when you could be " power using " on 7, but I'm sure it's not because you're jelly :rofl: :rolleyes: :woot:

#287 Som

Som

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:22

Regardless, you are spending a lot of time in this and other similiar threads complaining about 8 when you could be " power using " on 7, but I'm sure it's not because you're jelly :rofl: :rolleyes: :woot:

this thread was dead until you brought it back to life...