internet-explorer

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

• 5,628 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 18:39

so pay for a sub or don't visit the website. hosting, traffic and journalists aren't free resources.

And neither is my time cleaning off a damn PC after (insert whatever site here) allows a malicious ad to infect my system, potentially compromising my data! I wouldn't block ads to begin with had that little problem came about. Don't give me that crap about paying for a sub if I don't like it. Telling people to pay for a sub or deal with possible malware infiltration might as well be extortion.

I say that if Neowin or any other site that feels people who use ad blocking software are really, truly hurting them monetarily, then implement detection of ad blocking software and ban us freeloaders outright!

#47 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• 4,200 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 09 July 2012 - 18:51

Telling people to pay for a sub or deal with possible malware infiltration might as well be extortion.

Posted Image

#48 AR556

AR556

Neowinian Senior

• 5,628 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 18:57

^^ Oookayy :rofl: ^^

#49 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,459 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:08

funny, i've never been infected by drive by ad malware, or any malware.

#50 Kelxin

Kelxin

Neowinian

• 606 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:16

what a pointless troll, and completely off topic. but then again, judging from your other recent posts not entirely surprising. Also, other browsers like FF and chrome have fallen faster recently so...

funny, i've never been infected by drive by ad malware, or any malware.

Hrm, funny that I'm trolling about the security of the browser, but then you make a comment about how it's been secure for you. My post was completely on topic and not a troll. The sandboxing is still incredibly more secure than IE, and the reason for it falling so fast at the last convention was the monetary reward that was offered in showing working code to bypass its security. Even from that, the person that bypassed the sandbox said it is by far the hardest browser to drive by hack on the market.

#51 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 30,741 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:29

Firefox does not download a list from FF's servers
Chrome does not download from Google's servers
Safari does not download a list from Apple's servers.

All the ad blocks are third party, and as has been said before, the bets ad block is outside the browser anyway. And if you don't want to support a site with it's ads, then don't use the site, and don't be a leech. So the only browsers who seem to have an actual official built in way to block ads is IE and Opera...

And if you must block ads, why would you want to download pre made lists, they are horrible. you don't know what they block so they may block to much, and they break a lot of stuff on websites, heck just on neowin they break the commenting system, and on pretty much every site that uses Disqus the pre made lists break the comment system.

Yeah people forget that ad bnlock plus doesn't just remove ads, it also breaks other parts of the site from working too.

#52 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,459 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:18

Hrm, funny that I'm trolling about the security of the browser, but then you make a comment about how it's been secure for you. My post was completely on topic and not a troll. The sandboxing is still incredibly more secure than IE, and the reason for it falling so fast at the last convention was the monetary reward that was offered in showing working code to bypass its security. Even from that, the person that bypassed the sandbox said it is by far the hardest browser to drive by hack on the market.

is incredbly more an official measurement system ? and if it is so, why was it first when it was the same reward for other browsers.

and look at your actual post to see why.