Steam Summer Sale Coming After All?

Put wallet in freezer: These may be Steam summer sale's indie bundles

Valve has remained mum on the topic of a 2012 summer sale, but the Open SteamWorks CDR database has uncovered a list of bundles, mostly for indie titles, apparently set for the sale in Steam's backend. Reddit user Dweezy gathered a list of the bundles, broken down over an 11-day period, along with a few other standalone collections.

Titles include Cave Story+, Botanicula, Splice, Braid, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, A Valley Without Wind, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Qube, Jamestown, Bit.Trip Runner and Beat, and Waveform. Other bundles, indie or otherwise, include Batman (Asylum, City and Impostors), the BioShock franchise, a Civilization collection, Saints Row: The Third franchise pack, Square Hit Collection and a THQ collection.

These oodles of bundles have no release date nor price and are unconfirmed by Valve, but this could be a taste of the sweet summer sale to come. Check the entire list after the break, and put that ice pick down.

Indie bundles:

• Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Baconing, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor.
  • Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox,
  • Day 3: Bit Trip Beat, Braid, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Runespell Overture,
  • Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Atom Zombie Smasher, Blocks that Matter, Sanctum, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP,
  • Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
  • Day 6: Awesome, Defcon, Space Chem, Ticket to Ride, Trauma
  • Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver
  • Day 8: Demolition Inc, Hoard, Sol Exodus, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey,
  • Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Revenge of the Titans, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash
  • Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Beat Hazard, Bit trip Runner, Eufloria, Machinarium
  • Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform, World of Goo

Other bundles:

• 1C Collection Pack
  • Adam's Venture Complete Bundle Retail
  • Anno 2070 Pack
  • Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
  • Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)
  • Bioshock Franchise Pack
  • BIT.TRIP.BEAT Bundle
  • BIT.TRIP.RUNNER Bundle
  • Carpe Fulger Bundle (Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners)
  • Civilization Collection
  • Command and Conquer Franchise
  • Dawn of War Franchise Pack
  • Dead Island Complete
  • Duke Nukem Bundle
  • Foreign Legion Bundle
  • Kalypso Collection (Tropico, Jagged Alliance, Airline Tycoon, etc)
  • Majesty Franchise
  • Paradox Collection (Magicka + dlcs, Mount and Blade, etc)
  • Pendulo Adventure Pack
  • Railworks 3 - Summer Sale Collection
  • Red Orchestra Franchise Pack (ROW)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
  • Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
  • Sniper Elite Franchise Pack
  • Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
  • Stardock Collection Pack
  • Strategy First Complete Pack
  • Sword of the Stars Franchise
  • THQ Collection (Dawn of War, Warhammer, Stalker, Nexuiz, Darksiders, Metro 2033, etc)
  • Total War: Shogun 2 Pack
  • Victoria Franchise
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
  • Wings of Prey

Article from Joystiq. Source from Reddit.

Open Steamworks CDR database: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/

Oh gawd. I hope I don't end up buying games I won't play just cause their on offer (again) :D

Out of the 44 games in my Steam library, I have only played 5. Even then, only have completed Dear Esther, Portal 1 and Portal 2.

*Hides Wallet*

hmm... doesnt look too promising for me. dont care for the indie bundles either...

The Indie games are most likely only the games for the daily achievements, Pretty much everything will be on sale, and there are usually around 10 or so daily deals, the indie packages will probably count as one of several daily deals.

Nothing really interesting to me. I'd like to play Assassin's Creed: Revelations, but I'm not playing it at their current price.

this is not the complete list of sales these are just the packs/bundles that have made their way on to the net.

Alan Wake is on sale with some extra content for $20. Has anyone here played it and is it worth it? Kinda looking for a few new games to snag.