Ex-CIA Agent Says Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth

Happy anniversary, Roswell, N.M. It was 65 years ago today that the Roswell Daily Record blasted an infamous headline claiming local military officials had captured a flying saucer on a nearby ranch. And now, a former CIA agent says it really happened.

"It was not a damn weather balloon -- it was what it was billed when people first reported it," said Chase Brandon, a 35-year CIA veteran.

"It was a craft that clearly did not come from this planet,

it crashed and I don't doubt for a second that the use of the word 'remains' and 'cadavers' was exactly what people were talking about."

Brandon served as an undercover, covert operations officer in the agency's Clandestine Service for 25 years, where he was assigned missions in international terrorism, counterinsurgency, global narcotics trafficking and weapons smuggling. He spent his final 10 years of CIA service on the director's staff as the agency's first official liaison to the entertainment and publication industries. It was during this time, in the mid-1990s, that he walked into a special section of CIA headquarters in Langley, Va., called the Historical Intelligence Collection.

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell.

"I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf and said, 'My god, it really happened!'"

What exactly did the box contain that had such a powerful impact on Brandon?

"Some written material and some photographs, and that's all I will ever say to anybody about the contents of that box," he said. "But it absolutely, for me, was the single validating moment that everything I had believed, and knew that so many other people believed had happened, truly was what occurred,"

None of this comes as a surprise to Stanton T. Friedman, a nuclear-physicist-turned-UFOlogist, who was the original civilian investigator of the Roswell UFO incident.

In the late 1970s, Friedman began to uncover former military eyewitnesses who had been involved with the original events that took place at Roswell in 1947.

Despite the fact that the military changed its story overnight, saying on July 8, 1947 that a flying disk had been captured but claiming on July 9 that a weather balloon had been recovered, Friedman's early investigative efforts prompted many Roswell witnesses to come forward and tell their stories. Numerous researchers have dug up more facts in the years since.

"It's been 65 years since things took place at Roswell," Friedman told HuffPost. "How much more widely known could it be -- everywhere I've spoken in the world, they ask about Roswell."

"What we really need now is the Woodward-Bernstein of the UFO world to bring out the disclosure," said Friedman. "Maybe Chase Brandon is a foresight of something going on.

"It's time for the retirement of the mythical part -- where we don't have all the pieces -- to be replaced by the true story of what happened, all the details, and we certainly don't have them."

source

Despite all these third hand accounts no one neither military or special ops has come forward with first hand knowledge of the event giving anything but the party line of it being a balloon.So were they like the gunman on the grassy knoll buried out in the desert somwhere to silence them or was it simply a smoke screen for something else?

"It's time for the retirement of the mythical part -- where we don't have all the pieces -- to be replaced by the true story of what happened, all the details, and we certainly don't have them."

source

I think that Roswell has become a mythology all of its own.

Think about it for a second:

Would they let the "agency's first official liaison to the entertainment and publication industries" anywhere near anything like a truly exceptionally secret.......no

Its always a "former" this or "former" that, the day i change my mind is when someone serving comes out with a story that differs form common sense.

If Roswell were true, the military/CIA would have had control from the get go and there would have been no "flying disk had been captured" story. Early tabloid reporting, nothing else.

^ RAAF received orders shortly after releasing the true story, to cover it up and deny anything unusual.

There is a blow-up of the Ramey telegram, revealing this.

Regular newspapers carried the true story -- there was no National Enquirer.

^ RAAF received orders shortly after releasing the true story, to cover it up and deny anything unusual.

True story? The military thrives on misinformation, disinformation & just plain lying. It's part of their job description. 'All warfare is based on deception' : Sun Tzu.

There is a blow-up of the Ramey telegram, revealing this.

Regular newspapers carried the true story -- there was no National Enquirer.

Truth can be very subjective when dealing with the press.

True story? The military thrives on misinformation, disinformation & just plain lying. It's part of their job description. 'All warfare is based on deception' : Sun Tzu.

Truth can be very subjective when dealing with the press.

subjective yes... but pictures help alot

The press wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the butt.

I'll agree with that, for sure!

Sure would be great to know the REAL story of Roswell. Hard to believe that the definitive truth hasn't come out after all these years.

• 3 weeks later...

After all this time, I still don't know what to think. I guess it's possible that it's a UFO, but if it is, then it's the best cover-up in history. I don't blame them, though - finding out there's intelligent life out there (possibly superior to us) would shatter everything we know about religion and government and throw the world into chaos. Perhaps it's in our best interest NOT to befriend another race, either. I mean, we'll just lie to them, steal their technology and **** up their ecosystem too.

I want to believe because I think humanity is holding itself back. We have all this untapped potential to transcend ourselves (medical research, technological advancements, etc), but we throw it away or put it on hold because some prick in an office somewhere doesn't agree with it or it could potentially offend someone (stem cell research). The fact that we were so close to being able to breach deep space after all this time, then to just **** it all away in one presidency deeply saddens me. All of that NASA research, funding, international collaboration and lost lives for nothing. I can't believe we can throw money around at pointless projects (shrimp on tredmills, anyone?), but just couldn't save a few bucks for the space program ... but that's another issue.

It has been known for a while that this was just a classified project to detect soviet nuclear tests which had crash test dummies on board.

I use to believe in a lot of conspiracy theories myself before the Internet but there is really no excuse to believe in this stuff anymore when all the explanations are readily available and not filtered by people trying to make money from these myths.

I used to believe in Aliens, Roswell type, (I still believe that there are other species out there in the universe), but every time I see a video on the Roswell incident, and see the "wreckage", the more my analytical brain tells me it REALLY was just a balloon, or a radar reflecting set up. Think about it..heres this flimsy material, looks like aluminum foil, how is it supposed to survive entry through the atmosphere? or interstellar travel. Not to mention that besides wormholes, even if you could travel at the speed of light, it would still take hundreds of years to go from earth to the nearest star system. As much as I want to believe, the evidence just doesn't support it.

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell.

"I took the box down, lifted the lid up, rummaged around inside it, put the box back on the shelf and said, 'My god, it really happened!'"

Sorry to say but this would be one of the biggest coverups in history (if it were true) so I find it very hard to believe there is just a box in a room labeled Roswell (with evidence of what this guy claims). I mean, thats like having your computer password written on a piece of paper under your keyboard or something.

It has been known for a while that this was just a classified project to detect soviet nuclear tests which had crash test dummies on board.

I use to believe in a lot of conspiracy theories myself before the Internet but there is really no excuse to believe in this stuff anymore when all the explanations are readily available and not filtered by people trying to make money from these myths.

Not even.

The test dummies came years after the Roswell crash.

You've been fed the government disinformation.