To use adblockers or not to use adblockers?

Ad Blockers  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use an ad blocker (or IE9s TPLs)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only on my main browser
    • On all of my browsers
    • On my non-main browsers.
  2. 2. Is it ethical to use an ad blocker

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, only if used on your main browser
    • Of course it is; those blasted website operators and ad companies have annoyed me and made enough money off of me already -.-
    • Yes, if used only on non-main browsers

Question

Hey!

I've started using some TPLs in IE10, and I really like reading Neowin without those annoying text ads :p I'd install ad blockers on all of my browsers, but (being a web developer myself) I don't entirely feel comfortable with the idea of taking away the major source of income for the sites that I use for free. I understand that my ad views represent a miniscule part of Neowin's (or any sites) overall income, but still, it's the whole 'what if everybody did that?' idea that's got me worried.

what do you guys think? do you use an adblocker, do you think it's ethical, and why?

Thanks ;)

I always greenlist neowin, because they had that guilt trip "don't like ads, pay for a subscription" text under any surpressed banner.

Something tells me that Neowin would have preferred you to pay for a subscription.

Advertisement Blocking.

Glorifying the fact in posts here on Neowin is strictly forbidden. We understand that some members could not care less to display advertisements on any website, and therefore block a stream of revenue that is required to keep this site running. We can not do much about that but please do not glorify the fact.

We have a subscription package that professionally removes all advertisements from Neowin for a small annual fee. We never ask members to click advertisements, and for those that do; we greatly appreciate this. Simply allowing the advertisement to load (without clicking on it) also returns revenue for the site. If you feel that you can not whitelist Neowin or afford the subscription but would like to contribute, you are very welcome to donate via PayPal to subscribe@neowin.net and make a post here