I’m having trouble defining DYAD. It seems like it would be doing the game an injustice to say that it’s kind of like Rez (or Child of Eden, if you’re a whippersnapper) but without that lazy safety net description, it would be impossible to give you a recognisable contact point for the game.
I was warned: Alex said to me “it’s the sort of game that really needs to be seen!”. So we made a video of me playing the first few levels. Hopefully this will give you an idea of what to expect in your first ten minutes with the game while we struggle with how to define it for a review.
It’s still very early days, of course, and I’ve only just had the bright idea that it might be much better with my surround sound headphones. So far, initial impressions are very positive but we’ll be back soon with a more developed view of the game.
- Platform: PSN
- Developer: ][ (Shawn McGrath)
- Genre: Racing, Puzzle, Acid Trip
- Release Date: July 17th (US), EU release in at least a month
- Price: $14.99 ($11.99 PS+)
- Demo: Soon (In a few weeks)
- 60FPS, 1080p, Lossless Audio
- Platinum Trophy
- 27 stages (Each also has a trophy and remix mode)