What activity will help me meet women- working out or partner dancing?

I would like to get involved in some kind of activity that will help me meet women. Some of my friends tell me that partner dancing will help since I will be dancing with a bunch of different women. But other people tell me to join a gym and work out because girls tend to dig guys that work out and have muscles.

Which activity do you think will help give me a better chance of meeting women: working out at the gym or partner dancing?

Going to a gym to meet women is the exact thing you should NOT do. Going to a gym to exercise and build muscle is good for many things (including grabbing the attention of women). But going to the gym with the sole purpose of meeting women is a bad idea.

Almost every woman that goes to a gym is there to work out. They don't want to get hit on, flirted with, or anything like that. I have several woman friends along with my girlfriend that say it's extremely annoying when they're trying to do their thing and guys keep coming up to them. The only girls who like that kind of stuff are giant ho-bags, and those aren't the girls you should be going for. (unless you like taking medication for your junk).

I have no idea what the scene for partner dancing is like where you are, but I'd be willing to bet it's very heavily couples oriented. Meaning, the only people who really do it are older couples or people getting ready for their wedding. I'd be really surprised if a lot of single, straight men regularly attend classes (which cost money) just to meet women. Though, I could be completely wrong on that. It's just my guess.

• Like 3

I've found going to a bar seems to work well...

Spacer has pointed out the obvious things: The gym is for working out, and dance classes are normally couples-oriented, so you won't find too many single women there.

Take up an evening class, like gardening or cooking. Join a walking group. The only real piece of advice I can offer is that you should do something like this because you want to grow as a person, not just because you want to find a girl. You'll have a lousy time otherwise.

Dance classes work if you find the ones specifically for singles. Like others have said, if its not meant specically for singles, you could end up in a couples heavy group which is awkward.

Go on a singles cruise. Friend of mine met his current gf on one last summer. Speed dating events are always a fun way to meet people. Will also give you good practice on flirting and talking to random women.

Don't go to anything that is not meant to be social place. There is a reason most people wear headsets in a gym.

I did try partner dancing for a couple of months. You guys are right. The women are either significantly older (i.e. 40+), married, or are fat and hideous looking. Occasionally, I would see a young pretty girl, but they usually will just attend 1 or 2 classes and you?ll never see her again. I stopped after two months because it was sort of meh! Some of my friends kept trying to convince me to give it more time, but I can?t really see any reason to continue.

I think I may try working out. You guys are right though. I won?t hit on the girls. I will do it because it benefits me more. My doctor says I need to join a gym and get exercise anyway. I?m not overweight or anything, but my doctor said that it?s bad for someone as young as me to not exercise regularly. So, I will do that. I will try to not think so hard about meeting women. I should just let it come naturally as I?m sure it will happen when the time is right.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Find out tif there are any Salsa classes in your area. Plenty of ladies go there, and if the instructors are any good they will partner you up with a single lady. It's a good ice breaker, and a damn good work out too,

Speed dating events are always a fun way to meet people. Will also give you good practice on flirting and talking to random women.

Never heard of that. I live in NYC. Where do they have these events?

Never heard of that. I live in NYC. Where do they have these events?

You'll have to google it. Maybe check craigslist but obviously be careful using that. I know for a fact that if I can find them here in Oklahoma, you shouldn't have any issues finding them in NYC. Quick Google search gave me this: http://www.nyminutedating.com/

plentyoffish.com

I found that most of the women on there are gold diggers, have 2+ children, or something that makes them very undesirable. Of course if you don't mind being a sugar daddy, go for it. Obviously having children may not be a bad thing in everyones eyes, I just personally don't want to raise someone elses kids when I want my own. Also, that is just my area. May be completely different were you live.

I found that most of the women on there are gold diggers, have 2+ children, or something that makes them very undesirable. Of course if you don't mind being a sugar daddy, go for it. Obviously having children may not be a bad thing in everyones eyes, I just personally don't want to raise someone elses kids when I want my own. Also, that is just my area. May be completely different were you live.

That site kept my weekends filled for months, and gave me my 3+ yrs Fianc?e (No kids) so it's not all bad :p

Find out tif there are any Salsa classes in your area. Plenty of ladies go there, and if the instructors are any good they will partner you up with a single lady. It's a good ice breaker, and a damn good work out too,

I'm about to start salsa lessons myself, and I'm a single lady, so this is probably true! Plus it's a fun and kinda sensual dance, you can meet lots of people. Even if you don't end up meeting someone directly, any time you expand your social circle you increase your chances of meeting their friends, and their friends, and etc. Some of those people are bound to be eligible bachelorettes.

Going to the gym is a great idea, but not to pick up women--just to increase your physical health and looks, plus it boosts mood and self-confidence, which is very attractive when you do find someone you like.

Yea, dance classes are the way to go. I've talked to many people who have met in dance classes, and even if they haven't met a girl/boyfriend, they've made a lot of friends through it...

plus, a lot of girls like a guy who knows how to dance

Yeah, during those two months I tried partner dancing, I noticed that most of the young single girls are taking Salsa. If you ever try ballroom dances like Swing, Hustle, etc, you'll encounter a lot of older, married women. Not sure why all the young single ladies are into Salsa, but not any of the other dances.

And btw, I haven't had much luck with girls in Salsa because like I said, most of the girls aren't committed. They would come for a few lessons, they find out that Salsa dancing is harder than they expected, and then they stop going. I almost hit it off twice with a pretty, single girl. We were talking a lot and getting along and then bam!! They're gone. They don't return for anymore lessons and I don't see them ever again!

Yeah, during those two months I tried partner dancing, I noticed that most of the young single girls are taking Salsa. If you ever try ballroom dances like Swing, Hustle, etc, you'll encounter a lot of older, married women. Not sure why all the young single ladies are into Salsa, but not any of the other dances.

And btw, I haven't had much luck with girls in Salsa because like I said, most of the girls aren't committed. They would come for a few lessons, they find out that Salsa dancing is harder than they expected, and then they stop going. I almost hit it off twice with a pretty, single girl. We were talking a lot and getting along and then bam!! They're gone. They don't return for anymore lessons and I don't see them ever again!

Grow some balls and get a number :) Problem solved.

I don't want to creep her out by asking for a number right away when I just met her.

Consider the facts here. How many girls have come and went that you never asked for the number. That's now a 100% failure rate. If you creep her out and she says no, your failure rate is still 100%. If you don't creep her out, its a win. You can't do worse than you are already doing. You are asking for dating advise... on a tech forum. Anyways, check the speed dating scene there. At least then everyone is there for the same reason.

I don't want to creep her out by asking for a number right away when I just met her.

That's what Facebook is for. When I go on nights out I often exchange Facebook details with girls I've just met (best asking just before they leave), especially now that nearly everybody has the app on their mobile phone. Few people will give out their number straight away but most are happy to add you on Facebook and you can take things from there.

• Like 1

Just go where you like to hang out and open your eyes OR go where you think your partner of your choice should hang out.

E.g. you like girls that like to party, well... guess where to go to.

You like rock girls, guess what - concerts.

You like big girls, go to McDo... okay I'm messing! :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

• Like 1