Photo

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,291 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 15:38

Yea, dance classes are the way to go. I've talked to many people who have met in dance classes, and even if they haven't met a girl/boyfriend, they've made a lot of friends through it...

plus, a lot of girls like a guy who knows how to dance

#17 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,545 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 15:40

Hey there. How you doing? Come here often? :D :shifty:

Any time I'm supposed to be working!

#18 selphj

selphj

Neowinian

• 335 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 15:45

If it's an option for you or something you would even consider, most churches have a singles class.

#19 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,197 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 15:54

Yeah, during those two months I tried partner dancing, I noticed that most of the young single girls are taking Salsa. If you ever try ballroom dances like Swing, Hustle, etc, you'll encounter a lot of older, married women. Not sure why all the young single ladies are into Salsa, but not any of the other dances.

And btw, I haven't had much luck with girls in Salsa because like I said, most of the girls aren't committed. They would come for a few lessons, they find out that Salsa dancing is harder than they expected, and then they stop going. I almost hit it off twice with a pretty, single girl. We were talking a lot and getting along and then bam!! They're gone. They don't return for anymore lessons and I don't see them ever again!

#20 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 15:55

Yeah, during those two months I tried partner dancing, I noticed that most of the young single girls are taking Salsa. If you ever try ballroom dances like Swing, Hustle, etc, you'll encounter a lot of older, married women. Not sure why all the young single ladies are into Salsa, but not any of the other dances.

And btw, I haven't had much luck with girls in Salsa because like I said, most of the girls aren't committed. They would come for a few lessons, they find out that Salsa dancing is harder than they expected, and then they stop going. I almost hit it off twice with a pretty, single girl. We were talking a lot and getting along and then bam!! They're gone. They don't return for anymore lessons and I don't see them ever again!

Grow some balls and get a number :) Problem solved.

#21 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,197 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 15:57

Grow some balls and get a number :) Problem solved.

I don't want to creep her out by asking for a number right away when I just met her.

#22 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 16:01

I don't want to creep her out by asking for a number right away when I just met her.

Consider the facts here. How many girls have come and went that you never asked for the number. That's now a 100% failure rate. If you creep her out and she says no, your failure rate is still 100%. If you don't creep her out, its a win. You can't do worse than you are already doing. You are asking for dating advise... on a tech forum. Anyways, check the speed dating scene there. At least then everyone is there for the same reason.

#23 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,197 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 16:02

Women tend to get creeped out too easily. For some reason, they get scared easily. I tell ya, I get headaches trying to figure out women and why they act the way they do.

#24 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,297 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 10 July 2012 - 16:04

That's what Facebook is for. When I go on nights out I often exchange Facebook details with girls I've just met (best asking just before they leave), especially now that nearly everybody has the app on their mobile phone. Few people will give out their number straight away but most are happy to add you on Facebook and you can take things from there.

#25 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 10 July 2012 - 17:04

Just go where you like to hang out and open your eyes OR go where you think your partner of your choice should hang out.
E.g. you like girls that like to party, well... guess where to go to.
You like rock girls, guess what - concerts.
You like big girls, go to McDo... okay I'm messing! :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

#26 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,197 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 18:48

You can't do worse than you are already doing. You are asking for dating advise... on a tech forum.

I know. I'm 26 years old and am currently not in any serious relationship. Everyone I know that is my age or younger is already married or in a serious relationship. I'm really behind, which is why I need to find a girlfriend asap.

#27 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

• 10,729 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 22:19

I know. I'm 26 years old and am currently not in any serious relationship. Everyone I know that is my age or younger is already married or in a serious relationship. I'm really behind, which is why I need to find a girlfriend asap.

Wrong.

If that is all you can come up with, then don't bother trying and chillax. :yes:

#28 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 22:34

With this I'd like to express my sincere support for the OP, even though I have nothing useful to add :)

#29 OP DaDude

DaDude

Neowinian

• 1,197 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 22:39

Wrong.

If that is all you can come up with, then don't bother trying and chillax. :yes:

I'm sorry. I don't understand. It does trouble me because I'm 26 years old and am not even close to finding that special someone. I don't want to get old and die alone.

#30 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

• 10,729 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 22:41

I'm sorry. I don't understand.

Your motivation to find a woman shouldn't be "because [you're] behind". :no: