Metal Gear Solid 4 Gets Trophy Support

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 03 August 2012 - 23:47

Only 20 trophies, huh? Hopefully I should get at least one of those golds, anyway (the flashback one).

#17 kurono

kurono

Time Traveller

Posted 03 August 2012 - 23:59

Only 20 trophies, huh? Hopefully I should get at least one of those golds, anyway (the flashback one).

I remember reading that there should be 34 in total. The missing 14 might just be hidden trophies.

#18 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 04 August 2012 - 00:01

I remember reading that there should be 34 in total. The missing 14 might just be hidden trophies.

Probably, story-related ones.

#19 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:00

patch is live in Japan and Europe.

#20 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:47

Yep, downloaded and installed, along with all the game data (and it automatically deletes the MGO data as well). It tells you when you start up that pre-2.00 saves won't earn you trophies, and 2.00+ saves can't be used on pre-2.00 versions of the game (just in case anyone doesn't know yet).

And I just counted the trophies: 34 in total, 15 hidden.

#21 count0nz

count0nz

A Geek4Hire

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:03

Also note the Update is around 500megs.. Looking forward to Playing again and to have it all Pre-loaded :)

#22 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 06 August 2012 - 17:35

It was a badge of shame for me that MGS 4 was one of the first games I bought when I got a PS3 and never got around to playing it. It now seems my shame has paid off with some more trophies for me :)

#23 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 07 August 2012 - 22:33

Good luck on the platinum, folks. Getting all of the iPod songs requires all 40 emblems, which requires at least 8 playthroughs, including the Big Boss emblem.

#24 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

Posted 07 August 2012 - 22:40

Good luck on the platinum, folks. Getting all of the iPod songs requires all 40 emblems, which requires at least 8 playthroughs, including the Big Boss emblem.

Konami should give a special prize to the first person to get the Platinum trophy to award their unbelievable dedication. :p

#25 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 08 August 2012 - 00:11

I love how they 'disguised' the difficulty of this by having it under the ipod songs trophy :laugh: Tricked a few people on patch launch to thinking the platinum was easy.

#26 Jimmy0

Jimmy0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:30

http://psnprofiles.com/yukinadare

This person has already platinum'd the game, in 3 days 14 hours apparently, mad!

There is no way I am even going to attempt going for the platinum, but I am enjoying playing the game through again for the second time!

#27 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:24

This person has already platinum'd the game, in 3 days 14 hours apparently, mad!

Posted Image

#28 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 09 August 2012 - 21:47

There is no way I am even going to attempt going for the platinum, but I am enjoying playing the game through again for the second time!

When you take into consideration that the toughest emblem requires you to finish the game in LESS than 5 hours, it's not that surprising. If you can speedrun the game in the hardest difficulty, you can probably do every other emblem in a day.
Let's not forget that, while the trophy patch is recent, the game has been out for several years and lots of people are very, very good at it.

#29 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:47

Has to be hacked somehow. You actually do require 8 playthroughs to get all the emblems, which is needed for one of the iPod songs. That actually can't be done. One of the emblems requires 35 hours in one playthrough.

edit: completely read that wrong, thought it was beaten in 3 hours. smh. Go on about your day, nothing to see here.

#30 Jimmy0

Jimmy0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:46

When you take into consideration that the toughest emblem requires you to finish the game in LESS than 5 hours, it's not that surprising. If you can speedrun the game in the hardest difficulty, you can probably do every other emblem in a day.
Let's not forget that, while the trophy patch is recent, the game has been out for several years and lots of people are very, very good at it.

True, and although technically possible, I still find it outstanding the speed of which people achieve such things. Some of the runs required (especially the no-alert and no-kill ones) would take me forever to complete!

Has to be hacked somehow. You actually do require 8 playthroughs to get all the emblems, which is needed for one of the iPod songs. That actually can't be done. One of the emblems requires 35 hours in one playthrough.

edit: completely read that wrong, thought it was beaten in 3 hours. smh. Go on about your day, nothing to see here.

:shiftyninja:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!