HTC Explorer

Hello,

So I bought the HTC Explorer and it came with a lot of pre-loadded apps that I can't get rid off. I heard I can if I root the phone.

How do I do this?

I have to get the bootloader unlocked from the HTC Website or something right? And how do I do that and then after that how do I remove the apps?

Thanks,

Crazysah

But is rooting the phone legal? Will it void the warranty? Is there any correct way of deleting those apps?

And if do root, what do I do after that regarding the apps?

But is rooting the phone legal? Will it void the warranty? Is there any correct way of deleting those apps?

And if do root, what do I do after that regarding the apps?

If you can't remove the apps, you need root access to do so. Of course it's legal, and it should not affect your warranty. But check with HTC or your network provider first.

yes it's legal to root an android phone (google themselves encourage such things). I'm not sure if it voids the warranty, depends on your wireless company i guess, but chances are you'll be fine. and i don't know how you delete the apps after rooting as i don't have any experience with that, i'd assume it would just enable to option to delete them normally

/system/app

Rename the system app to systemappname.apk.bak to disable, careful or you could end up in a boot loop / brick

Best to make sure you have a fool proof way to get back to stock before playing around with system apps / files

So, I got to the last screen during the unlock bootloader process. Where it says are you sure you want to unlock it. What do I do after I click unlock? What's the next step?

So, I unlocked my phone using the unlock bootloader and then navigated to system/apps using ES File Manager. Now when I try to delete an app from there, it says couldn't be deleted. Any ideas?