Steam Summer Sale 2012

Indie Bundle 8 not available for you?

It always bugs out for the first few minutes - but it's available now.

TvOJX.png

--

What I've bought so far.

b97VQ.png

Thinking about getting New Vegas, but not sure if I want to put up with the bugs just to play it...

Also, the Binding of Isaac is awesome as hell! Definitely a game you can't judge by screenshots or videos. Really need to play it to judge it for yourself, as I seem to have the game tapping me on the shoulder every so often to play it. Incredibly high replayability. :D (Y)

Thinking about getting New Vegas, but not sure if I want to put up with the bugs just to play it...

They're not that bad... just save a lot. Plus sometimes they're quite funny.

The bugs are no worse than Oblivions, Fallout 3, Skyrim bugs. I played through the entire game and the dlc's. I only had a couple of crashes. No actual game ending bugs.

It is actually a really good game. I don't know why it didn't get as much praise as Fallout 3.

The bugs are no worse than Oblivions, Fallout 3, Skyrim bugs. I played through the entire game and the dlc's. I only had a couple of crashes. No actual game ending bugs.

It is actually a really good game. I don't know why it didn't get as much praise as Fallout 3.

Well, I said that as Fallout 3 crashes for me a bit still, whereas Oblivion and Skyrim don't. :/ I think I'll do it, but I already have a big list of games to play through heh.

More curious how you guys felt about Fallout: NV compared to Fallout 3 though.

Also, the Binding of Isaac is awesome as hell! Definitely a game you can't judge by screenshots or videos. Really need to play it to judge it for yourself, as I seem to have the game tapping me on the shoulder every so often to play it. Incredibly high replayability. :D (Y)

I've seen a lot of posts with issues related to it being Flash-based. Have you experienced any problems with it? (The Binding of Issac)

I've seen a lot of posts with issues related to it being Flash-based. Have you experienced any problems with it? (The Binding of Issac)

Not at all, and neither have my other 3 friends if that helps at all. Can't promise you won't have any problems, but I would just guess that most people not having issues just aren't posting about it.

My other friends have maybe 40 hours into it combined, with myself only around 3 hours or so put in. Works on my laptop just fine too. (Y)

Thinking of trading in my 360 switcher copy for steam wallet credit and buying a PC copy.

Do it! If you buy it on Steam, you can use your activation code on GOG and get a DRM-Free version of the game and also loads of goodies such as wallpapers and oddly a Playboy magazine.

Dead Island is on sale again and I have been curious about it. Is it any good?

Dead Island is on sale again and I have been curious about it. Is it any good?

I was very disappointed by it, after having been interested for quite a while. The videos look great but the gameplay itself just doesn't feel right. The movement is off, the gameplay is overly bogged down with inventories and searching for items, the vehicles are poor and there are technical issues as well (it doesn't even support anti-aliasing!).

It's a shame because on paper the game should be great. Even with the mods to fix the technical issues it's still not as good a co-op experience as games like L4D or Borderlands. There are much better games out there.

Not at all, and neither have my other 3 friends if that helps at all. Can't promise you won't have any problems, but I would just guess that most people not having issues just aren't posting about it.

My other friends have maybe 40 hours into it combined, with myself only around 3 hours or so put in. Works on my laptop just fine too. (Y)

I'll have to give it a try, then. I'm staring at Alan Wake right now for $7.49 and trying to decide if I want it or not. :)

Also just saw Beyond Good & Evil is on flash sale for $2.49 for the next 3 1/2 hours.

I was very disappointed by it, after having been interested for quite a while. The videos look great but the gameplay itself just doesn't feel right. The movement is off, the gameplay is overly bogged down with inventories and searching for items, the vehicles are poor and there are technical issues as well (it doesn't even support anti-aliasing!).

It's a shame because on paper the game should be great. Even with the mods to fix the technical issues it's still not as good a co-op experience as games like L4D or Borderlands. There are much better games out there.

Thanks for the insight, I guess I shall pass on this one. That's not a bad thing, I still have a few games to get through anyway.

I picked it up as well. I loved FO3 but played that on 360 - no mods. It was fun as hell though, so I've really been wanting to play NV. Right after I purchased I went and looked up mods and I actually installed about 8 or 9 before beginning my playthrough. This seems to be the recommendation anyway as to not break saves. Only about 2 hours in, wish I had more time to play right now!

I'm thinking of getting the Witcher 2 but I'm not sure... I played the first Witcher and got bored of it really fast. Is it better than the 1st one (especially in terms of gameplay)? The story didn't bother me, i just found the gameplay to be really slow (at least with how far I got which wasn't very far).

Still hopin Arma II Combined Ops goes to like 50-75% off.

That's what I've been hoping for too, but something tells me they won't bother. After all these sales, it's been sticking in the top 5 still.

I finally broke to buy Fallout: NV. Got the one with all the DLC though because I can't stand not having everything. Won't give it a go until this beta weekend for Guild Wars 2 is over.

Driver is an absolute bargain.

If anyone wasn't sure about that game. I highly recommend it. I wasn't too sure about the whole "car jumping" thing but once you play the game it is actually well implemented and there is so much to do. Plus the driving is really fun.

Driver San Francisco is pretty fun... I know most people haven't played it.

Also on Fallout, I enjoyed New Vegas more than 3... I felt like 3 had more to explore, but that the choices you made had more meaning in NV.

I got stuck in driver and could not progress, all I could find was side missions but not a continuation of the main story so I jibbed it :(

Simcity 4 doesnt even work right on windows 7 unless you enjoy the constant crashing to desktop.

It's installed on two Windows 7 x64 PCs in my house and we've never had a single issue with it :s