Brazilian Toddler Wakes Up at His Funeral

Back in the old days, when someone died, you'd have a "wake" for them. While we still do this today, the reasoning isn't the same. These days, we do it to remember our lost loved one, to look at old pictures together and commiserate. Back then, though, wakes were held to make sure the person was really dead, which is the subject of this story.

Earlier this month in Brazil, a two-year-old boy woke up at his own funeral, asked for some water, then laid back down, only this time, he was actually dead.

The boy's father, Antonio Santos, said, "Everybody started to scream, we couldn't believe our eyes. Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life. Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn't wake him. He was dead again." :huh:

The family rushed the boy back to the hospital, where doctors reexamined him but pronounced him dead again, unfortunately.

"They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard," Santos said.

Kelvin Santos had supposedly died earlier that week, and the doctors said at the time that he had stopped breathing during pneumonia treatment. Santos said that his son was a victim of medical malpractice, and has registered a complaint with the police.

"Dead people don't just wake up and talk. I'm determined to find out the truth," Santos said.

The family delayed the funeral for a while just to make sure, but ended up burying the boy later that day.

source

If true, sounds like he has some rare medical condition that makes him look dead in the tests they do, and he got buried alive. If that happened to my loved one I would probably not bury them till I see decomposion.

Maybe it was a prankster who did a very convincing act? Maybe they decided to bury after prankster confessed?

If true, sounds like he has some rare medical condition that makes him look dead in the tests they do, and he got buried alive. If that happened to my loved one I would probably not bury them till I see decomposion.

Maybe it was a prankster who did a very convincing act? Maybe they decided to bury after prankster confessed?

Or more likely, the family is lying.

• Like 1

It isn't unheard of that even a dead body can do some strange things, thanks to nerve endings. Ask any mortician.

His body could have sat (or jolted) up, made a sound, even the eyes opening, and they mistook it as water. Though rare, it could happen.

Or yeah, they are lying and trying to get money for malpractice...

This scenario is more likely.

^ Oh yeah -- everyone lies these days :rolleyes: Don't want to accept something, just pretend it was a lie -- pffft.

I don't think anyone has stated that for certain; some people have just made that suggestion because it is very possibly the case. People should always be suspicious like this; such suspicion is often how the police solve crimes.

Bury him the same day? Why not give him a chance until you can actually say that he's dead due to the smell?

Sounds more like BS if they bury him the same day after he was declared dead by a doctor they think is full of ****. Also, if they suspect malpractice, shouldn't they get an autopsy to make a case?

We sure this story is real? The source site looks skeptical to say the very least? A car website reporting on a dead boy rising from his casket?

I knew I should've placed that order for my AR and ammo. Zombiez man ZOMBIEZ!!!!!

It must be the power of carnival or an extrange herb because is the second or third news I read about people waking up from the death in Brazil