Family returns from vacation to find pet dog dead in oven

A 9-year-old girl returned from vacation to a horrific discovery: Someone broke into her Arlington Heights home and put her tiny dog into the family?s convection oven. :|

The Cavachon named Coco was dead. And police say the oven had been turned on.

?It?s terrible for someone to do something like that to a poor, defenseless animal,? said a neighbor of the family. ?She was definitely devastated.?

Although the home was ransacked and $3,000 in jewelry was missing, Arlington Heights Police said they think an ex-boyfriend of the girl?s mother was involved.

Det. Sgt. Rick Kappelman said the department believes it stems from ?a domestic relationship involving an ex-boyfriend.?

The ex-boyfriend has been questioned but released because ?there is not sufficient evidence at this time,? Kappelman said.

source

I say that the ex-boyfriend should be put into an oven and then turn the damn thing on. Problem solved.

• Like 3

It's interesting how we defend animals more than people. Understandable, but interesting nonetheless.

Owning two dogs, there would be no let up when it comes to the pain I want to inflict on whoever did that. It's just wrong.

I say that the ex-boyfriend should be put into an oven and then turn the damn thing on. Problem solved.

Glad your not on a jury.

Why not put dog in kennels? I realised this doesn't make this horrible act any less, but if you go on vacation does anybody really believe that dog at home?

Although there is an ?ADT? security sign in front of the house, the neighbor said the alarm was turned off to allow another neighbor to check on Coco while the owners were on vacation.

Well, that was sensible.

I hope they get the person that did it, if it was the ex-boyfriend let's hope he gets watched coming to, but harassment and circumstances does not mean that he did it.

It's interesting how we defend animals more than people. Understandable, but interesting nonetheless.

Owning two dogs, there would be no let up when it comes to the pain I want to inflict on whoever did that. It's just wrong.

I have said it in other threads, but I beleive it happens because of two main reasons.

First and foremost, animals are for the most part defenseless to this type of abuse. So it just seems like someone who does it is the lowest of the low.

Second reason is the unconditional love (and also dependence, the love comes from the dependence) most animals show to their owner. As such it is pretty much the most unique bond one can experience on this planet. So in some ways people become much closer with their pets then they do other people.

I literally get teary eyed just thinking about the fact if things go according to plan I will see both of my pets die. I have already lost a few over the years and I was heartbroken for quite some time. I will truly be devastated when my two pets now leave this planet.

So yeah, it is very interesting, and as you said also understandable.

Why not put dog in kennels? I realised this doesn't make this horrible act any less, but if you go on vacation does anybody really believe that dog at home?

I will admit in this case I was thinking to myself WTF as who leaves their dog home alone on vacation?

Why was the dog home alone to begin with?

Seriously they go on vacation and leave the dog home alone.

I feel guilty after laughing at the title just because it sounds like something you would tease, not actually do.

Pretty sick.

reminds me of the beginning of the movie (and book) FireStarter.

I think the neighbor should be hung and made into dog food.

I'll jump on the bandwagon here and accuse people before evidence is known / shown as well.

If he turns out to be guilty, I agree.