Godzilla

Though Warner Bros.' upcoming remake of Godzilla doesn't come out for another year, the film's director has already dropped a tidbit on where a sequel to the film could go. In an interview with Screen Rant, the director was asked which film from the original series was his favorite, and he gave a good answer.

?With the exception of the 1954 original, I would say my second favorite film is Destroy All Monsters. I just love the idea of a monster island. Having a world with these creatures in it. I find that fascinating and would like to treat that realistically. I wouldn?t want to limit it to one other foe, I think it?s more fun to ? this question will come back to haunt me if we ever do a sequel ? but I think multiple creatures make better movies in terms of the image of Gojira.?

The original Destroy All Monsters featured eleven different monsters throughout the film, so Edwards has some even bigger shoes to fill should a sequel get made. Which Toho monsters would you want to see in a Godzilla sequel?

Opening in theaters and IMAX on May 16, 2014, the Gareth Edwards-directed film stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn, Bryan Cranston and Sally Hawkins.

I wouldn't be surprised. The hype around Godzilla is simply astonishing, Led by Pacific Rim, another Kaiju movie right after the other is a really good move by Legendary. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah lucky i got to see this pic on another site but seems the pic shown there was asked to be taken down.. Can't wait to see Godzilla!!

• 3 weeks later...

zLkxJL5.png

Trailer?

Seeing as the film comes out in May of 2014, i assume it's either a teaser or trailer.

damn, I just watched it. It was great. The first roar scared the crap outta me. (I had headphones on).XD

Saw it on another site but now it's gone lol, but anyways looks amazing!!! looking raw as ever!!

I'm sold.

I love monster movies. Anything with big monsters or machines in, i'm sold.

This one is certainly looking/sounding like the Godzilla we wanted years ago. Instead we got Ferris Bueller.

well they could lean heavy on the fukushima (nuclear) reactor incident.

that would settle the "why Godzilla is here." reason.

the radioactive water is all over the western US now.

good enough storyline?