Godzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Again, I really question the size on the poster. lol.

I've been personally questioning the size since I saw the first shots of Godzilla. I don't know how I feel about him being so incredibly massive. He's bigger than the 1998 Godzilla, and that was a really massive creature.

'98 Godzilla was 55 meters

'14 Godzilla will be 139 meters.

Original Godzilla was 50 meters.

I don't want to judge the film before I see it, but my expectations are incredibly diminished with the sizing issue already.

I guess it's just I personally don't think he is that big. I think they are enhancing the size on the posters for dramatic effect.

He's 2.53 times bigger than the '98 Godzilla.

The posters may be inflating his size, but he's still going to be absolutely massive though. He's way to big to be believable.

He's 2.53 times bigger than the '98 Godzilla.

The posters may be inflating his size, but he's still going to be absolutely massive though. He's way to big to be believable.

Yep, but remember, '98 Godzilla in walking mode isn't clearing any buildings in NY. (height wise) I mean if that poster is saying '14 Godzilla is already clearing those buildings, he is like ridiculously massive.

Yep, but remember, '98 Godzilla in walking mode isn't clearing any buildings in NY. (height wise) I mean if that poster is saying '14 Godzilla is already clearing those buildings, he is like ridiculously massive.

He shouldn't be able to clear any of the buildings. The Chrysler Building in NYC, which is destroyed in 98 Godzilla, is 319 meters tall, or 5.8 times taller than that Godzilla. The new Godzilla is still 2.3 times shorter than that building. So no doubt they are using hyperbole for the sake of emphasis that this a massive creature. That's my opinion anyway.

He shouldn't be able to clear any of the buildings. The Chrysler Building in NYC, which is destroyed in 98 Godzilla, is 319 meters tall, or 5.8 times taller than that Godzilla. The new Godzilla is still 2.3 times shorter than that building. So no doubt they are using hyperbole for the sake of emphasis that this a massive creature. That's my opinion anyway.

lol, I"m still talking about the poster. lol. That's why I said I'm not going to believe the size in the poster.

Thank you JalexM for that. I constantly read people bashing the 98 Godzilla, but I always feel like they forget the actual original content was no better, and in a lot of cases, much worse.

Thank you JalexM for that. I constantly read people bashing the 98 Godzilla, but I always feel like they forget the actual original content was no better, and in a lot of cases, much worse.

No problem. I for one would be disappointed if Godzilla didn't dropkick anything in the new movie. I was a kid when I saw the 98 version so it was alright to me.