Supernatural (Season 8)

tumblr_m49abvvIvT1qzeg2so2_500.gif

The first question asked at the panel was whether or not Dean will manage to find his way out of purgatory, but Ackles was very careful to not give too much away. "He gets out. How he gets out, that's too much of a teaser - I can't tell you!" Luckily, Ben Edlund made it clear that he'll be back fairly early on in the season, but that will be far from the end of it. "The story of how he's brought to the limits in that place will be something we explore."

? "Sam is totally getting some action this season," Padalecki teased when asked about the rumours of romance for Sam. How about Dean? "I think the only real romance in Dean's life is the car," jokes Ackles. "So in that regard, absolutely."

? As talk turned to the relationships between characters on the show, Jeremy Carver made it clear that the focus will always remain on the bond between Sam and Dean, but their separation will have had a "profound effect" on them. "They are just as open to new relationships and beginnings and endings as anyone else in the world. They're going to have to come to terms, like any partnership, with dealing with the new relationship in each other's life."

? Misha Collins is then asked when we'll see Castiel again, but refused to give anything away. All he said was that what happened in purgatory is likely to be explored with the use of flashbacks. Despite Bobby seemingly being killed off for good at the end of season seven, Jim Beaver was also on the panel and was asked what his presence there might mean for the future of the character. "You can read anything you want into it. The pat answer is it's Supernatural, anything's possible. I have said anything's possible maybe 7,000 times this weekend!"

? What's going on with Crowley? "Crowley's essentially what happens when people aren't paying attention," Mark Shepard says. "I think we might be in a situation this year, I think I'm right to say, where we're kind of chasing after the same thing so it could be a bit of a problem."

? As for what fans should expect from this season, Carver teased that it will have a lot in common with Raiders of the Lost Arc, explaining that the Winchester's are on the search for a "power source" which will introduce a "gamechanging element". "They really want something.It ties into the overarching mythology of the show itself, and something near and dear to their hearts."

? Reiterating that the purgatory storyline is likely to take place via flashbacks, Edlund said that there's a "whole body of events" that take place in purgatory. "They're going to meet some badasses down there," he says. "There are going to be some problems." And Carver adds: "We can safely say purgatory makes strange bedfellows."

? "We're going to pull back from the heavy, heavy mythology. We're going to give a chance for our brothers to come out a little bit," says Carver. However, he hopes that the mythology they do introduce will play a role in the show for many years to come. Jared finishes the panel by thanking the fans for their support and making a point of saying that Supernatural's move to a Wednesday is a great sign.

• 3 weeks later...

Supernatural could return for a ninth season, The CW president Mark Pedowitz has confirmed.

Pedowitz claimed that there have been "conversations" about the long-term future of the drama, which is due to premiere its eighth run in October.

"There's always conversations that happen," he said at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. "I am a big Supernatural fan - I hope it stays on as long as I'm still here."

Pedowitz added that network execs at The CW are "big believers" in the long-running series, according to TVLine.

"The guys are great, the show is great," he explained.

Supernatural star Misha Collins recently told Digital Spy that the size of his role in the show's eighth season was "to be determined", but Pedowitz revealed that the actor - who plays angel Castiel - will appear in a "minimum of eight" new episodes.

The series returns to The CW in the US on October 3. In the UK, season seven of Supernatural begins airing Wednesday, August 1 on Sky Living.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to www.mycoven.com for the heads up and to andreas_ri/LJ for the titles. We've already posted a number of these but here is the full known list.

8.01: We Need to Talk About Kevin

8.02: What's Up, Tiger Mommy?

8.03: Heartache

8.04: Bitten

8.05: Blood Brother

8.06: Southern Comfort

8.07: A Little Slice of Kevin

The writers for Supernatural never cease to amaze me. I love what they come up with for each season. When I first started watching the show, I thought it would end in four seasons. And here we are, patiently waiting for the eighth season. I hope they renew it for a ninth (and tenth) season too.

To me, I really like Seasons 1 through 6. Season 7 seems to flatten out for me. I'm not expecting much of Season 8. It's like they fought the Devil and Heaven's Angels and are still around to talk about it. So what's the big deal now? OK that group of beings they fought in Season 7 should have been back in Season 3 as a story line before fighting the Devil and Heaven's Angels. That should be the last season.

I'm totally stoked for the new season. At least this season I wont have to choose between Supernatural and Fringe. :)

yeah going to be an amazing season! :D

Amanda Tapping Joins "Supernatural"

Sci-Fi staple Amanda Tapping (Stargate, Sanctuary) is joining Supernatural?s eighth season in a major recurring role, TVLine has confirmed. Tapping will play Naomi, a character showrunner Jeremy Carver describes as ?cool and mysterious, part of a new group of angels we?ve never seen before.?

The original casting breakdown for Naomi called her a ?no-nonsense bureaucrat? a la Matt Damon in The Good Shepherd. ?She wears a business suit and has her hair pulled back,? read the notice. ?However, Naomi is less together than she appears to be. Her efficient manner belies a deeper emotionality.? Tapping will turn up in this season?s seventh episode, titled, ?A Little Slice of Kevin.?

In other Supe? news, M*A*S*H? vet Mike Farrell will guest star in Episode 8 as Fred Jones, ?an aging mentalist with a slippery grasp on reality,? explains Carver. Supernatural returns Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 9/8c.

http://tvline.com/20...pping-season-8/

• 2 weeks later...

Hrmm sucks the cas got redacted? Sounds like were only going to see him in flashback to pergatory? Pretty cool sci-fi veteran amanda tapping will be making some appearances.

I enjoyed the first episode! Crowley!

Me too. It's a great start to the season. Does anyone know what

monster Dean's friend is? My guess is a vampire because of the shark-like teeth.