MG Siegler (professional Apple fan) likes the Nexus 7. Hell freezes over.

Satan must be freezing his testicles off right now. MG Siegler, one of the most prominent Apple fanbois, reviewed the Nexus 7 - and actually likes it.

An iPad Lover?s Take On The Nexus 7

Trolls, feel free to skip to the bottom of this column and post your comments immediately without reading a word. Actually, who are we kidding ? you didn?t make it this far.

Everyone else, brace yourselves. You may want small children to leave the room. I?m about to do something I don?t do often ? something I always said I?d do if the product deserved it. Something some people seem to think I?m incapable of: praise a Google product ? an Android-based Google product, no less.

Is that enough build up for you? Okay.

I like the Nexus 7. I really like it.

Source and full review: TechCrunch

I didn't see that one coming. Google and Asus must have done a lot right to get this much praise from the Apple fan camp.

If any Google employees are reading this: When can we in .de expect to get our hands on the Nexus 7?

Trolls, feel free to skip to the bottom of this column and post your comments immediately without reading a word. Actually, who are we kidding ? you didn?t make it this far.

:D

But yea the Nexus 7 seems to be a quite good product, when ever I'll get some free cash I'll buy one aswell :)

"Professional Apple Fan"? :huh:

Read his columns on TechCrunch. He's right up there with John Gruber in terms of Apple fanboi-ism.

I have to say I've had no desire to buy any kind of tablet up until now. But at that price point and with the amount of enthusiasm being poured into this device, I can't deny that I'm seriously tempted.

I'm going to San Francisco in August and might look to pick one up there as it'll be cheaper than here in the UK..

"Professional Apple Fan"? :huh:

I'm guessing he gets paid for his articles ("Professional") and he regularly praises Apple on their latest devices and software ("Apple Fan").

I won't lie, I like what Google has done here absolutely and I'm just happy that the tablet market is getting a little shake up.

It'll probably lower the "let's NOT save this feature for the next generation" threshold in Cupertino a little more and make the 4th generation iPad a little better, because next year is iPad year for me for the first time! :p

Glassed Silver:mac

I won't lie, I like what Google has done here absolutely and I'm just happy that the tablet market is getting a little shake up.

It'll probably lower the "let's NOT save this feature for the next generation" threshold in Cupertino a little more and make the 4th generation iPad a little better, because next year is iPad year for me for the first time! :p

Glassed Silver:mac

You never know... By next year, Apple might be so far behind the curve that you'll end up buying an Android or W8 based tab. ;)

You never know... By next year, Apple might be so far behind the curve that you'll end up buying an Android or W8 based tab. ;)

Apple makes serious cash by catering to customers with more wealth and having them buy a new system each year.

That was a great review! I have deemed MG Siegler unfair sometimes (but that's probably because I just disagreed with his opinion; e.g. when he bashed the Ribbon in Windows Explorer), but he usually seems pretty fair. It's understandable that he usually prefers Apple products.

People actually listen to this douchebag?

He's a buffoon that had more luck in his life than knowledge or knowhow and he was fortunate to know Mike Arrington. Almost everything he "puts his opinion on" has been wrong and that's because he looks at things through his delusional blinders. He is really not an expert in anything he writes about.

On top of that he has the balls to call anyone else a troll. You should read his rants about how blogging scene doesn't have a clue and that he's disappointed that everyone is full of it and biased, without being able to see that one of the worst trolls and nonsensical biased pieces come from him (and that even bigger Apple suck-up John Gruber).

And no, he didn't praise Nexus so much. If you read his post carefully he again puts Nexus 7 as something that doesn't really compete with Apple (idiotic) and that he still felt "lag" and so on.. He still basically puts Apple on a pedestal despite the fact that he can't really say anything bad Nexus 7 (he still tries to find something). It's basically an Apple apologist type of piece with intent to show how it's really not a threat to iPad.

But it's not really a shocker. That's what he does.

That guys is a clueless moron and an attention ######. Most of his "blogging" boils down to licking Apple logo on everything he uses. I am not going to even bother reading his post because it will basically come down to Nexus 7 is good but iPad is better.

People actually listen to this douchebag?

+1

That was a great review! I have deemed MG Siegler unfair sometimes (but that's probably because I just disagreed with his opinion; e.g. when he bashed the Ribbon in Windows Explorer), but he usually seems pretty fair. It's understandable that he usually prefers Apple products.

With all due respect :p but that's exact polar opposite most of his crap I was unfortunately exposed to.

You never know... By next year, Apple might be so far behind the curve that you'll end up buying an Android or W8 based tab. wink.png

The iPad as it is right now already satisfies me and I have a couple of reasons to stick to chosing an Apple tablet.

One of the many being the vertical integration, that I already bought into the ecosystem, iCloud and a bunch more.

The only reasons why I'm waiting for the fourth gen is because naturally it will be an upgrade to a product that I'd already buy and the fact that I'm still saving up money for it. :)

Glassed Silver:ios

He's a buffoon that had more luck in his life than knowledge or knowhow and he was fortunate to know Mike Arrington. Almost everything he "puts his opinion on" has been wrong and that's because he looks at things through his delusional blinders. He is really not an expert in anything he writes about.

On top of that he has the balls to call anyone else a troll. You should read his rants about how blogging scene doesn't have a clue and that he's disappointed that everyone is full of it and biased, without being able to see that one of the worst trolls and nonsensical biased pieces come from him (and that even bigger Apple suck-up John Gruber).

And no, he didn't praise Nexus so much. If you read his post carefully he again puts Nexus 7 as something that doesn't really compete with Apple (idiotic) and that he still felt "lag" and so on.. He still basically puts Apple on a pedestal despite the fact that he can't really say anything bad Nexus 7 (he still tries to find something). It's basically an Apple apologist type of piece with intent to show how it's really not a threat to iPad.

But it's not really a shocker. That's what he does.

Pretty spot on! I stopped going to TechCrunch because it reeked of bias, everything on it is essentially an Apple = good, everyone else = bad, even in his "review" of the Nexus7