Captain America : The Winter Soldier (2014)

He did, but due to the first not being that good, he isn't as much of a central role as I think he should be. Maybe it's what they wanted in the Avengers, but I've always seen Capt as like the .... glue... the main ingredient... of the group. I just never really got that vibe from Avengers.

Yeah I actually thought Iron Man would be a better leader and in a way he kinda was in the Avengers, well he was featured more

Yeah I actually thought Iron Man would be a better leader and in a way he kinda was in the Avengers, well he was featured more

Iron man totally stole the spotlight from Capt. But in fairness, they have done a much better job building up Iron Man with the previous films and making him so likable.

I agree the first one was not very good, but he redeemed himself in Avengers

I agree. He was the strong leader that he was meant to be. I am totally looking forward to this movie based on his role in the Avengers.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. He was the strong leader that he was meant to be. I am totally looking forward to this movie based on his role in the Avengers.

I agree. I'm hoping the second Captain American movie is a lot better.

As a side note, I did not realize that Scarlet Johansen was going to be in the second Captain America movie... I'm more excited now. lol I always liked Black Widow.

As a side note, I did not realize that Scarlet Johansen was going to be in the second Captain America movie... I'm more excited now. lol I always liked Black Widow.

I didn't know that either. This is indeed good news. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Samuel L. Jackson confirms he will be back for the Captain America sequel while effectively ruling out a cameo for Iron Man 3, reiterating the oft-heard line that this really is a solo movie for Tony Stark:

I think my next time as Nick Fury is in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Because I'm not in Iron Man 3. None of the Avengers are in Iron Man 3. It's a standalone Iron Man movie.

Samuel L. Jackson confirms he will be back for the Captain America sequel while effectively ruling out a cameo for Iron Man 3, reiterating the oft-heard line that this really is a solo movie for Tony Stark:

Hm... I wonder how they will tie them all together then. I'm sure there's going to be something... ;)

Hm... I wonder how they will tie them all together then. I'm sure there's going to be something... ;)

They can always just do the tried and true formula of sneaking in something more after the credits. That way it's still a solo tony stark movie till the end.

I wonder why they feel the need to keep Stark solo in this movie?

I don't really get it either. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they all come together though. I mean, if a new character is introduced in Iron Man 3 then that could be used to tie the others together as well...

Still, I'm very excited by these movies. I really can't wait. :)

Don't forget, it's probably likely (read: I just think this probably lol) that Bruce Banner may show up in Iron Man 3. After all he did specifically leave with Stark at the end of Avengers :D

Don't forget, it's probably likely (read: I just think this probably lol) that Bruce Banner may show up in Iron Man 3. After all he did specifically leave with Stark at the end of Avengers :D

True. I forgot about that. That would be cool. :)

It would be a really intriguing use of the character if Banner turned up, to remain purely as Banner. It makes Hulk seem more powerful when he's used in the next Avengers.

It would be a really intriguing use of the character if Banner turned up, to remain purely as Banner. It makes Hulk seem more powerful when he's used in the next Avengers.

Agreed. And cheaper on CGI too. LOL.

I really like the way they did the first group of movies, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do the next group. I've not looked forward to movies this much in a VERY long time.

• 2 weeks later...
Captain America: The Winter Solider will delve into the backstory for Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury.

The actor confirmed that the S.H.I.E.L.D. commander's origin will be fleshed out in the upcoming sequel, casting doubt on the possibility of a spinoff movie in the near future.

"Everybody likes a franchise character. Bruce [Willis] had his and Sylvester Stallone had Rocky, so I like coming back to Nick Fury. Nick Fury's a great guy," he told ComingSoon.

Asked whether a solo movie is needed to explain Fury's backstory, Jackson said: "I think a lot of people know that [he's a great guy]. I know him as something else because I've been alive longer than most of the fans that watch the movies so I know Nick Fury as the World War II veteran and all that stuff.

"It might be interesting to do one day but we find out little bits and pieces about Nick and we're going into Captain America 2 in late March."

Jackson recently revealed that he is keen to reprise his Nick Fury role in Joss Whedon's forthcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series, but no talks have taken place regarding this.

The character will not appear in next year's Iron Man 3 despite Jackson having roles in both of its predecessors.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a446281/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-plot-to-explore-nick-fury-origin.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hayley Atwell Will Not Return for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

When asked about her involvement in The Winter Soldier this past September, Atwell responded, ?I?m not allowed to say yet.? Many took this as a semi-confirmation that she would be showing up in the sequel, but it looks like she may have just been waiting to see how the final script would shake out. During an interview with TimeOut (via CBM), the outlet reveals her non-involement with the film:

?She wont, she confirms, be back for the [Captain America] sequel.?

Yeah, The Winter Soldier is taking place in modern times (after the events of The Avengers). If she were to be in the movie, she'd be very old. And it doesn't make sense for her to make an appearance.

I wonder if they'll make his body accurate to the Comics? :rofl:

post-350302-0-81565200-1357254353.jpg

Yeah, The Winter Soldier is taking place in modern times (after the events of The Avengers). If she were to be in the movie, she'd be very old. And it doesn't make sense for her to make an appearance.

Maybe she plays a Daughter or something?

The Hurt Locker's Anthony Mackie discusses how he will look as the Falcon, as well as what he's seen of the script:

"I have read a script, and it's really good. It's fun. The Russo brothers have been really good about keeping me informed of their visions and ideas for what they want the movie to be. It seems like it's going to work on all accords, so I'm just excited about it... I have, [Falcon's look is] pretty awesome. I look like a bad mother-what. It's pretty cool."

Source

I wonder if they'll make his body accurate to the Comics? :rofl:

post-350302-0-81565200-1357254353.jpg

Maybe she plays a Daughter or something?

That's not fair... That's Liefield... He'd be disproportional and not have feet... LOL