Captain America : The Winter Soldier (2014)

Toby Jones will return for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The actor has confirmed that he will reprise his role as Armin Zola in the Marvel Studios sequel.

"It looks like I will be," the actor told HeyUGuys when asked whether he would be involved in the project at the Critics' Circle Awards.

Jones was named 'British Actor of the Year' at the event for his role in Berberian Sound Studio.

He said earlier in the month at the Golden Globes that he was keen to return for the second Captain America film.

Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan and Samuel L Jackson will reprise their roles in the sequel, with Anthony Mackie and Frank Grillo joining the cast as the Falcon and Crossbones respectively.

('Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Toby Jones confirms return)

• 2 weeks later...

Emily VanCamp in Talks for Lead in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Deadline broke the news that VanCamp will likely be joining Evans as the lead in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but was short on details as to the role itself. Word around town is that VanCamp will star as Sharon Carter, a former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, off-and-on girlfriend of Steve Rogers, aka Captain America and a sister/niece of Peggy Carter. Seems like a pretty solid guess for VanCamp?s character

(http://collider.com/captain-america-2-emily-vancamp/)

For those unfamiliar with Falcon

Samuel "Snap" Wilson

Empathic connection with his pet falcon RedWing

Can "see" what nearby birds see, also some control of birds

Flight with configurable / extendable holographic "hard light" wings & magnetic propulsion provided by Black Panther

Enganced vision goggles

Multi-band comms helmet

Gymnist & martial artist

Captain-America-Falcon-comic-book-cover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hayley Atwell Will Appear In CAPTAIN AMERICA Sequel After All, Says Stanley Tucci[/CODE]

Under promotional duties for Jack the Giant Slayer, actor Stanley Tucci reminisced with Collider about his pivotal role in Marvel?s Captain America: The First Avenger. Speaking on the Joe Johnston-directed film?s strong love story, the actor started, [b]?Oh, it does [have one]. And Hayley Atwell, who I just had dinner with last night, we?ve become good friends. I really love that. I really love the relationship between the two of them.?[/b] After being pressed whether Marvel has asked him to reprise his Abraham Erskine role the upcoming sequel, The Winter Soldier, Tucci let slip that one of his First Avenger co-stars will indeed return, even though they?ve said otherwise in previous interviews. [b]?No, [the folks at Marvel] haven?t, unfortunately. I?m really sad. I know that Hayley is going back to do a flashback scene, but I have not been asked.?[/b] Atwell?s isn't too surprising considering the English actress said last week that we?d see Peggy Carter in some other context. Looking back on his work in The First Avenger

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=74227

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2148dd397a8a7ce9bb66006c812ff2bd.png

It's rumored that Hayley Atwell will be returning for flashbacks in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, does the same hold true for Dominic Cooper's Howard Stark?

Yeah, they mentioned that, they mentioned it to me. But I don?t know how? I?m too busy. I?m trying to film, I?m filming at the moment, everyday, and I?m really trying to make it work but I think I?m stuck in Budapest, so at the moment its really, really tough, like I don?t know how I?m going to achieve it.

I don?t know how I?m going to get to? yeah, there was talk of it, and now I don?t know whether I can, which will be really annoying because I loved being part of those. You know, I think it was such an incredible time, and I think ? you know the first one ? they did such an incredible job of it. So, I will try my hardest to get Stark back into a flashback sequence or some description, but its proving rather difficult in terms of scheduling at the moment.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=75260

• 3 weeks later...

53630L.png

Recently, the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Jasper Sitwell, Maximiliano Hernandez, teased a return to the role of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent this summer. Speculation pointed to his reprisal for either Captain America: The Winter Soldier or ABC's potential S.H.I.E.L.D. television series. Now, Deadline confirms that Hernandez will indeed be back for the former. He previously played the character in Thor, The Avengers, and Marvel One-Shots The Consultant and Item 47. Captain America: The Winter Soldier also stars Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Emily VanCamp, Scarlett Johansson, Cobie Smulders, Frank Grillo and Samuel L. Jackson. Joe and Anthony Russo (Community) are directing. With production beginning next month and set primarily in Cleveland, the Marvel Studios sequel is set to hit theaters April 4th, 2014.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=76187

0J6bt.jpg

Here is a fun Marvel scoop. I?m hearing that Robert Redford is in discussions to join the cast of Marvel?s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the sequel that brings Chris Evans back as the shield-carrying superhero. Redford is in talks to play a senior leadership role in S.H.I.E.L.D., the superhero collective run by Samuel L. Jackson?s Nick Fury character. Joe and Anthony Russo are directing the film from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, whose Marvel script credits include Captain America: The First Avenger and the upcoming Thor: The Dark World. The sequel will be released by Disney on April 4, 2014.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/marvel-surprise-robert-redford-in-talks-to-star-in-captain-america-the-winter-soldier/

Jody1.jpg

While is scheduled to commence in the month of May, duo-directors Anthony and Joe Russo are rounding out the ever-growing cast of Marvel?s third Phase Two film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. In keeping with Latino Review?s most recent scoop, ?just got off the phone with my Marvel source who gave me an Exclusive.? Canadian mixed martial artist Georges St-Pierre (GSP) has apparently signed on for the 2014 sequel as the mercenary villain known as Georges Batroc AKA the Batroc the Leaper. As the current Welterweight Champion of the UFC, Georges St-Pierre, 31, has only acted in three martial arts-based films, all of which were released back in 2009. About Batroc the Leaper, the character has no powers in the comic books, but he is a master in Savate, the French art of foot fighting, as well as kickboxing and many other martial arts disciplines.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=76403

^ It's all those little details that Marvel adds to their movies that make them great.

Absolutely. They're all planned out so well. It leaves a lot for the hardcore fans while still being entertaining and approachable to everyone.

But just thinking here. After Avengers 2 comes out. Do we get any more after that? Seeing as Iron Man has 3 films now. So 1 more Thor 3 (2016) and Captain America 3 (2016/2017)

But just thinking here. After Avengers 2 comes out. Do we get any more after that? Seeing as Iron Man has 3 films now. So 1 more Thor 3 (2016) and Captain America 3 (2016/2017)

It depends if they see Cap in Phase 3 of the Marvel Universe

It must come to an end soon tho. Unless they want Avengers 3 out by 2020 :p

Well you have Doctor Strange and Ant Man to add to Phase 3 on top of everything else

Well you have Doctor Strange and Ant Man to add to Phase 3 on top of everything else

That promo trailer for Ant Man looked good but Doc Strange...WOW just WOW , that IMO could be the greatest of them all if done correctly and judging by the previous films I think it will be.

After watching Capt a few times and frequent viewing of The Avengers I kind of like Capt now. Really hoping this film does him justice on the big screen. He is all set up to be super awesome....Bring it !!!

Someone above mentioned when they will end ? Why do they have to ? If the fans spend money on the films why stop at all. They are certainly not short of original material for movies.

Amid a press roundtable for the veteran actor?s latest directional effort, political thriller The Company You Keep, Spinoff Online spoke with Robert Redford about his role in Marvel Studios? own upcoming ?political thriller,? Captain America: The Winter Soldier. While his role was reported as a senior leader of the Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson)-directed S.H.I.E.L.D. organization, Redford clarifies, ?Well, the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. The head of S.H.I.E.L.D,? Reiterating why he?s joining the Marvel sequel, he added, ?The Captain America thing is just a very simple thing. I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do something just to be different. Something bold, different. And that felt like a good thing to do. That was it, nothing more to it than that. Well, it?s bold in terms of expectations, I guess.?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=76866#gsc.tab=0

Well, I think at some point the stars are going to want too much money for the studio, or the stars are just going to want to do something different... So, I think Phase 2 might be it. I am hoping that's not the case though. I really am.

Looking better all the time. (Y)

Sure is... :)

Well, I think at some point the stars are going to want too much money for the studio, or the stars are just going to want to do something different... So, I think Phase 2 might be it. I am hoping that's not the case though. I really am.

Sure is... :)

That already happened with Ed Norton and Terrence Howard and that didn't stop them.