office 2013 office 365

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#136 ingramator

ingramator

Hacker

• Phone: Lumia 920, iPhone 5, GS3

Posted 21 July 2012 - 13:50

Absolutely awesome, the smooth animations and cloud integration are winners for me!

#137 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 July 2012 - 18:01

I personally don't liked their new approach of naming Office, like Office365... and making complex, also their new online software download thingy which messed up my windows installation because I shutdown my PC during installation, new revert back, uninstallation is not working.

Office365 applies only to the cloud and C2R-based versions - the traditional version does NOT use the 365 nomenclature. That is, in fact, no different from the original Office365 (which was based on C2R Office 2010), also, even the C2R version (while usable with the cloud-based Office365 service) is totally independent from (and does not require) it.

#138 T M H

T M H

Neowinian

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:01

+ new animations
+ file menu looks great

- recource hungry, my cursor movement literally hangs due to random cpu spikes
- new font smoothing looks bad
- the ribbon area is too white

#139 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:07

- new font smoothing looks bad

FYI, you can turn off the DirectWrite subpixel positioning if you think it looks bad (which will remove the font smoothing entirely), but keeping it on does give you a more accurate representation of your document. See Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen.

#140 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 23 July 2012 - 15:30

Any news on how/if the new Office is going to add SharePoint as a Save As location (and how it may integrate with the new SP13 features)? I'm assuming they turned this off for the preview intentionally?

#141 Sheza

Sheza

Neowinian

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:37

Quick question, how can I set Word documents to open in "Edit" mode by default?

#142 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 27 July 2012 - 14:50

Eh Sheza? I'm assuming you are opening from a non-trusted location like email etc:

1) Click the text link to the left of the Enable Editing button (or click on File menu)
2) Click Protected View Settings and modify as needed based on file source location.

#143 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 27 July 2012 - 21:56

finally got to messing with Outlook and I'm glad to see it finally supporting Exchange ActiveSync :)

I really hope Outlook 2014 for mac supports it as well as then I would no longer need mbox as while it works it is rather delayed with its syncing

#144 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 27 July 2012 - 22:09

Ok, I'm really confused by MS's terminology on this one. What is this 'new' ActiveSync supposed to do? I thought that was just the Outlook Connector pack being baked in or is this related to Exch2013 features? (Replacing RPC proxy?)

#145 pesospesos

pesospesos

Neowinian

Posted 28 July 2012 - 21:50

Outlook supporting activestink will be great for gmail users... Assuming google or Microsoft (not sure who's behind it not working in the preview with m.google.com) fixes whatever is preventing it from currently working. imap ftl

#146 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 July 2012 - 14:45

I had to uninstall it because it would cause high CPU usage when my computer was idling (high as in noticeable fan noise high). The search indexer process would kick in high gear and after I uninstalled Office everything is back to normal.
Pro tip: Don't uninstall the C2R version before you deactivate from Office 365 otherwise it won't clean uninstall.

#147 guru

guru

||guru||

Posted 30 July 2012 - 18:20

+ Office seems to be taking the flatter UI like Visual Studio. love it. i dont mind the all caps menu / ribbon titles.
+ Powerpoint + Deepzoom = winner didtto new excel and pwoerview addin
+ Cloud integration and Office Apps

- Color combination and contrast could improve. Its pretty hard to figure out things specially in outlook

Win8 team can learn a thing or two from office on good metro implementation instead of the garish start screen that we have to deal with

#148 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 01 August 2012 - 21:01

Is syncing to SkyDrive hanging for anyone else? I'm working on a particular document saved into my SkyDrive, and the progress bar just keeps going on and on, never stopping. And when I check the web interface, my file isn't there at all.

#149 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 01 August 2012 - 21:02

Personally I think Office 2013 could benefit from a little bit more white in the interface.

#150 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

Posted 01 August 2012 - 21:22

Don't mind the white , but more colours would be nice , even blue and black.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!