"SkyDrive Pro" in right-click menu?

Ever since I installed Office 2013 today (or maybe before, but if so I hadn't noticed it), when I right-click on a file I see a (greyed out) option for "SkyDrive Pro." Have any of you noticed this? any idea what it could be for (or how I could enable it?)

Pic attached :D

post-402110-0-19064000-1342484118_thumb.

I saw that too. I'm not certain what it does. It's greyed out here too.

Saw this, too. Thought it was maybe from the new Sky-Drive client update, but Office 2013 would make sense since I installed it, too.

When you install Office 2013 with the standalone installer, and do a custom install, there is a component called "Skydrive Pro" included.

I think if it's from the new client it might be because they're going to brand the Desktop SkyDrive app as SkyDrive Pro (as they did with the Surface Pro and Windows 8 Pro), and the Metro one as just "SkyDrive"...or if it's from Office it could be the new version of SharePoint Workspace.

update: CONFIRMED. "SkyDrive Pro" is in reference to SharePoint for Office365. see attached pic (in the image, the "Office365 Sharepoint" logo is the same as the one in the right-click menu). Might this be the first sign of a rebranding from SharePoint to SkyDrive Pro?

post-402110-0-41780800-1342493093_thumb.

• 3 months later...

To remove the context menu delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shell\SPFS.ContextMenu

Careful, though. There was one time when I deleted this and it messed up syncing to my SkyDrive. You can just add a string and name it 'Extended' so that it will only be seen when Shift+Right clicking.

• Like 2

update: CONFIRMED. "SkyDrive Pro" is in reference to SharePoint for Office365. see attached pic (in the image, the "Office365 Sharepoint" logo is the same as the one in the right-click menu). Might this be the first sign of a rebranding from SharePoint to SkyDrive Pro?

Correct, it's there for syncing Sharepoint storage to the local PC. All works seamlessly too!

Careful, though. There was one time when I deleted this and it messed up syncing to my SkyDrive. You can just add a string and name it 'Extended' so that it will only be seen when Shift+Right clicking.

This is a great idea!

Nice to see you all give careful attention to what you're installing onto your PC... ;) The Skydrive Pro software is listed in the components to install with Office 2013 Pro Plus if you bother to look. Instead of using registry hacks to remove the option from the context menu, why don't you just remove it cleanly using the installer? :)

If you have a domain you can use group policy prefaces to delete this and all other context extensions from all computers on your network

Preferences > Windows Settings > Registry

major PITA doing this for every other useless extention otherwise

If you have a domain you can use group policy prefaces to delete this and all other context extensions from all computers on your network

Preferences > Windows Settings > Registry

Or, if you're an IT administrator with a domain you can pay attention to what you're installing onto your machines, and customise the installer to not install SkyDrive Pro in the first place.

No, but Office 2013 (what we're discussing here) does.

Oh, and on the subject of Adobe, there's the Adobe Customisation Wizard that'll update your Adobe installation sources to customise the install how you like.. turning updates off, preventing shortcuts, disabling online integration, etc.

No, but Office 2013 (what we're discussing here) does.

Oh, and on the subject of Adobe, there's the Adobe Customisation Wizard that'll update your Adobe installation sources to customise the install how you like.. turning updates off, preventing shortcuts, disabling online integration, etc.

On the Preview, even when you leave SkyDrive Pro unchecked upon installation, it's still there on the context menu. If they fix that on RTM, then it'll be easy to just uncheck it upon installation or to remove it by re-running the installer.

On the Preview, even when you leave SkyDrive Pro unchecked upon installation, it's still there on the context menu. If they fix that on RTM, then it'll be easy to just uncheck it upon installation or to remove it by re-running the installer.

nope, it still there even if you don't install Sky Drive Pro.