[Shift2] GUI Installer

Do we have a code repository set up yet for the stuff we're writing?

Not that I know of, not sure how to go about setting one up. Most of this is POC code, but yea if you know how to setup a repo I'll upload the code I do have.

Do we have a code repository set up yet for the stuff we're writing?

that a good qustion i dont think this project will get very far if you dont set one up

Not that I know of, not sure how to go about setting one up. Most of this is POC code, but yea if you know how to setup a repo I'll upload the code I do have.

I could get one going in Github, unless you guys want to use bitbucket or codeplex or host it someone's own server

I could get one going in Github, unless you guys want to use bitbucket or codeplex or host it someone's own server

i've had good experiences with github, i'd say go with that

That would be awesome. Thanks!

thanks, now to learn how to use github :p

:D if you're using Windows or Mac, there are great github apps for those platforms (windows.github.com and mac.github.com)

So I've discovered why it's a great idea to never upgrade servers again; BLOODY HASSLE.

Anyway, the part I should need to FINALLY get this server move completely should be being posted from the USA soon, so when that finally gets here and assuming it works, I'll get started damnit!

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I've got my arch VM setup and just got the basics on it (gnome3, mono, git, php) so next I need to figure out how to get remote X11 forwarding working... And after that, figure this github thing out and we're good to rock 'n' get started on this project? :D

Wow, X11 forwarding over SSH is strange...

Anyway, firey are you working on a C# GUI for the installer or are we going the PHP/Python route? (I just looked up pygtk and see that like php-gtk, it's old, abandoned and doesn't work with the current version of python! :/)