Firefox 15 beta 1

Is there a portable version? Sites like PortableApps eventually post one, but it seems to take awhile before the beta versions are updated. Any faster way to get one?

Is there a portable version? Sites like PortableApps eventually post one, but it seems to take awhile before the beta versions are updated. Any faster way to get one?

it is ZIP build of Firefox 15 Beta 1 (Candidate):

I found this website that claims to have portable versions of 15 Beta, 16 Aurora, and even 17 Nightly. Can someone try it out for me and tell me if it's legit? I'm using someone else's laptop, so I don't want to download it if it'll mess up the computer or even my own portable Firefox setup. http://portableappz.blogspot.com/2012/07/mozilla-firefox-150-beta-1-multilingual.html

Going from Firefox 1.5 to 2.0 (some years back), I used to update the Firefox program app folder whilst using the same PortableApps executable. I'm sure this will still work. At the end of the day, doesn't portable apps just do a firefox.exe -profile <path to data folder> ?

Going from Firefox 1.5 to 2.0 (some years back), I used to update the Firefox program app folder whilst using the same PortableApps executable. I'm sure this will still work. At the end of the day, doesn't portable apps just do a firefox.exe -profile <path to data folder> ?

It worked! Thanks for posting! You have to put the files into the App/Firefox folder, though. It's very fast and responsive!! Does any version of Firefox after 15 have the fix for the new download panel? When you click on the arrow icon to view your download, it doesn't display properly. It cuts off the download speed and time remaining. They need to either fix it, or allow us the option of stretching/re-sizing the panel. I heard they were working on an updated panel with a fix. Is it in Firefox 16, 17, or maybe the UX version? Also, does the UX version still have animated tabs, or were they backed out yet again? Please link to me the latest UX version with animated tabs .zip file, so that I can use it as a portable version. Thanks!

It worked! Thanks for posting! You have to put the files into the App/Firefox folder, though. It's very fast and responsive!! Does any version of Firefox after 15 have the fix for the new download panel? When you click on the arrow icon to view your download, it doesn't display properly. It cuts off the download speed and time remaining. They need to either fix it, or allow us the option of stretching/re-sizing the panel. I heard they were working on an updated panel with a fix. Is it in Firefox 16, 17, or maybe the UX version? Also, does the UX version still have animated tabs, or were they backed out yet again? Please link to me the latest UX version with animated tabs .zip file, so that I can use it as a portable version. Thanks!

I'll answer my own questions. I just tried out 17 Nightly-UX and 17 Nightly. It was totally screwed up! Hardly any of my add-ons were working. The bookmarks bar wasn't even displaying, probably due to my multi-bookmarks toolbar extension. Neither version has animated tabs, so I guess they backed out on it yet again. Not surprised by that. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever fix that? Also, there does appear to be a new download panel, but it doesn't fix the problem with the download speed and time remaining not displaying properly. I am going to try out Aurora 16 next. I hope I have better luck with that one!

I'll answer my own questions. I just tried out 17 Nightly-UX and 17 Nightly. It was totally screwed up! Hardly any of my add-ons were working. The bookmarks bar wasn't even displaying, probably due to my multi-bookmarks toolbar extension. Neither version has animated tabs, so I guess they backed out on it yet again. Not surprised by that. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever fix that? Also, there does appear to be a new download panel, but it doesn't fix the problem with the download speed and time remaining not displaying properly. I am going to try out Aurora 16 next. I hope I have better luck with that one!

Aurora 16 messed up my addons as well. Only 14.01 and 15 seem to work properly. 15 seems faster and more responsive, so I'm sticking with it for now. Does 15 have silent updates? I thought I remembered reading that it does, or it will by final version. Let me know. Thanks!

I'm sorry but v14 just released like 2 days ago and v15 is already in beta? What about alpha?

How come Aurora and Nightly mess up my addons, but 15 Beta 1 doesn't? Do I have to add a new compatibility check or something? 15 Beta 1 works great, but Aurora and Nightly don't even load up my last visited sites. Ya know, the session restore feature. I'm using a portable version. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I'm sorry but v14 just released like 2 days ago and v15 is already in beta? What about alpha?

Development doesn't stop when a new version gets released. If you're not interested in bug testing, then just stick with the release version, in this case, 14.01.

14 - Release

15 - Beta

16 - Aurora (alpha)

17 - Nightly (pre-alpha, I guess)