burger king 4chan reddit

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:27

Sounds like he got exactly what he had coming to him.

#17 allknow

allknow

Neowinian

• 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:27

i worked in fast food for about a year when i was young (18-19) and not once did i see anyone do anything to the food in a bad way. But that was back in a different generation, 1990's.. white kids now a days are mostly handicapped in one way or another.

#18 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,025 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:14

This stuff could have easily been out-of-date and he was just attention seeking.

There is nothing to suggest this lettuce went onto food.

Exactly. For all we know it could have been out-of-date lettuce that was about to be thrown out. Regardless, it's still an irresponsible thing to do and has huge PR implications for the company, so even if he was 'innocent' he deserves to lose his job.

As always, this sort of behaviour is the exception and shouldn't be taken as representative of the industry. I used to manage a busy store for the largest franchise in the QSR sector and the reality is that hygiene standards are very high and regularly monitored, both internally and externally - when issues do occur they're usually related to technical issues (like faulty refrigeration) or genuine mistakes and are caught before any risk is posed to customers, though obviously I can't speak for the particular store in question.

You regularly see scare stories like this but you've got to consider that there are tens of thousands of stores employing hundreds of thousands of people serving millions of meals a day. It would be surprising if things like this didn't happen (though that doesn't make them at all justifiable).

#19 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,491 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 19 July 2012 - 18:05

Burger King worker fired for gross act
It took hackers just 15 minutes to find an employee who posted a sickening photo online

The restaurant where this photo was taken is independently-owned and operated by a BURGER KING® franchisee. The franchisee has taken swift action to investigate this matter and terminated the three employees involved in the incident."

http://shine.yahoo.c...-163700384.html

"Hackers"? :huh:

#20 mollick2

mollick2

Neowinian

• 400 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 23:24

I've actually been to that bk a few times.

I always get my burgers plain. Seems like its a good thing.

#21 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

• 12,141 posts
  • Phone: I need a new one. Gibe moni plos

Posted 20 July 2012 - 00:03

"Hackers"?

Hackers on steroids, to be more correct.

#22 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,491 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 00:37

Hackers on steroids, to be more correct.

Reading the GPS coordinates in the image metadata and locating the Burger King at those coordinates on Google Maps, that doesn't make you a hacker. :p

#23 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,983 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 00:43

Elaborate please.

Having worked at McD and seen employees urinate into the pickle-filled bucket, I'd rather not elaborate.

Oh wait...

#24 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

• 4,076 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 00:49

This stuff could have easily been out-of-date and he was just attention seeking.

There is nothing to suggest this lettuce went onto food.

So that means this is acceptable? Companies don't pay people to stand on lettuce.

#25 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

• 4,076 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 00:50

It took hackers just 15 minutes to find an employee who posted a sickening photo online

Hackers? :facepalm:

#26 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,154 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:05

Just because he is standing on the lettuce doesnt mean he puts it in food. Maybe it was expired bunch?
People jump to conclusions too quickly just by seeing 1 pic :(

Still, it's nothing you do. Even if it's expired, it still puts the restaurant on the line. Food safety is unforgiving. Even the slightest violation of these rules (if caught) can be big trouble.

#27 simplezz

simplezz

Neowinian Senior

• 2,606 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:17

This kind of thing is commonplace. That's why I don't eat out. I like to know what I'm eating, that and it's much healthier to cook fresh food.

#28 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:30

Having worked at McD and seen employees urinate into the pickle-filled bucket, I'd rather not elaborate.

I'd rather not eat out again, ever. Yuck.

#29 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,884 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:37

Bingo.
Several friends of mine since I am younger have worked in fast food restaurants and normal restaurants, and for whatever reason, the pickle bucket is apparently the place for disgruntled or just messed up in the head workers to relieve themselves in.

I have also heard one or two nightmare stories about anything mayonnaise based, do not think that needs any further elaboration.

#30 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,159 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:39

This kind of thing is commonplace. That's why I don't eat out. I like to know what I'm eating, that and it's much healthier to cook fresh food.

So much for trust we place in other people :( Serious Psych tests should be mandatory everywhere!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!