what a bounce of freakin crap

over at http://www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com/ on thier main page youlll see a headline called RANDOM USELESS LINKS and under that they have a link (check this url) and when you click it it TURNS OFF YOUR COMPUTER yes thats right it shuts it off now how it dose this i dont know but i very ****ed not that i got had! but that i had to go though a scan disk and all screw that man the more i search that web site the more i hate it !!! :evil: :dead:

aaa i went over and did it agin to see if it was just a freak thing and it did it to me agin and NO im not runnin 98 im runnin win XP pro so i dont know whats up i heard of crash site but you got me ??:o

O and after installin win xp i have not crashed AT ALL and its been months

Originally posted by grand mufti

over at http://www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com/ on thier main page youlll see a headline called RANDOM USELESS LINKS and under that they have a link (check this url) and when you click it it TURNS OFF YOUR COMPUTER yes thats right it shuts it off now how it dose this i dont know but i very ****ed not that i got had! but that i had to go though a scan disk and all screw that man the more i search that web site the more i hate it !!! :evil: :dead:

!!!!!!!! :o

It almost happened to me to! As soon as I clicked it came up with the blue screen of death but I was able to get out of it, then I was disconnected off the net.

XP has a "feature" to automatically reboot your PC when you have a bluescreen error. I'm willing to bet that this is your problem. I doubt the link is bad since it works for others, but for whatever reason, its causing your PC to bluescreen and reboot.

hey spyder your right i had checked my PC right after this happened and i found under MY PC props that restart if thiers a system failure was checked off so iwas goin to come back and post this but you beat me to it lol but this still dosent explain Y its doin it and Y it has happened to other ppl :paranoid:

I've seen in newsgroups that the video card driver is related to the problem.. maybe thats the same for you? Try upgrading to the latest version for your video driver..

On the topic of rebooting . . .

Originally posted by Spyder

XP has a "feature" to automatically reboot your PC when you have a bluescreen error. I'm willing to bet that this is your problem. I doubt the link is bad since it works for others, but for whatever reason, its causing your PC to bluescreen and reboot.

Actually, Windows 2000 can also reboot on a blue screen error. It all depends on how you set system recovery on errors. Should it create a full dump (equal to the size of your system RAM in a file), a mini dump or reboot?

As for the link, I didn't try it.