Photo

Best tablet for reading (non iOS)?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 OP metro2012

metro2012

Neowinian

Posted 22 July 2012 - 18:54

No color text, but the the lack of eye strain is bar none!

the thing is that the books ill be reading use diagrams with colors for different wire connections as stuff. if i was reading text only, then it wouldnt matter much.

#47 OP metro2012

metro2012

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:23

talked to someone yesterday and he mentioned a lot about the e-ink (he has a sony i belive it is). he told me that the way e-ink worked (some of you have said this) the refresh rate simply isnt enough and it wont be able to be used as a tablet for android apps.

this weekend a friend is going to show me a ereader with eink and ill judge for myself :)

he did mention that ereaders use a .epub format that is made for ereader type devices; im going to be mainly reading books that have been ported to pdf. some of these books ive seen are native while some ive seen are just scanned copies. he mentioned that pdfs are horrible on ereader devcies and really hard to read as a the epub format adjusts itself to the screen...

any opinions/takes on that? thanks

#48 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:27

talked to someone yesterday and he mentioned a lot about the e-ink (he has a sony i belive it is). he told me that the way e-ink worked (some of you have said this) the refresh rate simply isnt enough and it wont be able to be used as a tablet for android apps.

this weekend a friend is going to show me a ereader with eink and ill judge for myself :)

he did mention that ereaders use a .epub format that is made for ereader type devices; im going to be mainly reading books that have been ported to pdf. some of these books ive seen are native while some ive seen are just scanned copies. he mentioned that pdfs are horrible on ereader devcies and really hard to read as a the epub format adjusts itself to the screen...

any opinions/takes on that? thanks

Just as i siad before so have other get the nexus 7 Tablet it is the most powerful Tablet out ther for $200 8gb model and they give you a $25 credit to use on the Play store and as of right now so many peaple have cutomized the thing after rooting it is crazy enabled other thing but you know it make a great classic game system as you can downlaod from the play store emulators and stuff. anyways for Reading it will do well because the screen is very hiogh resolution and has a very high PPI so text and everything will be smooth on the screen

just go on to youtube and watch some user reviews on it

https://play.google....HVzXzdfOGdiIl0.

#49 OP metro2012

metro2012

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:36

Just as i siad before so have other get the nexus 7 Tablet it is the most powerful Tablet out ther for $200 8gb model and they give you a $25 credit to use on the Play store and as of right now so many peaple have cutomized the thing after rooting it is crazy enabled other thing but you know it make a great classic game system as you can downlaod from the play store emulators and stuff. anyways for Reading it will do well because the screen is very hiogh resolution and has a very high PPI so text and everything will be smooth on the screen

just go on to youtube and watch some user reviews on it

https://play.google....HVzXzdfOGdiIl0.

i agree that e-ink is way better than lcd for reading

#50 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:38

i agree that e-ink is way better than lcd for reading

not for what he will want to use for reading i mean the stuff he needs you know graphs and stuff. he should just spend $200 order a nexus 7 tablet it will do for what he needs and more

#51 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 July 2012 - 22:10

One of the Qualcomm Mirasol Android devices would be best, but you'd have to order from Korea or China.

#52 mikearnill

mikearnill

Mikearnil

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:26

Well I think you should go for galaxy tablet 10.1. It would be pretty smart bet I guess, it is best choice for reading and note making, it was specially made as an educational product.

#53 kevpan815

kevpan815

Apple Developer Program + Ubuntu Tester

• Phone: Apple IPhone 5 Running IOS 6.1 Beta 3!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 23:33

IPAD 3!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!