Mom hacked website to change kids' grades

wrong (I can say this because I just took a class on security)

there are 3 types of hackers

white hat hackers (the ethical ones that are hacking with full permission to do so to help improve the software)

grey hat hackers (the ones that mean well but don't have permission to do what they're doing)

black hat hackers (the hackers that are hacking with the intent of causing harm to the system)

also, hacking and cracking are 2 different things

hack?er/?hak?r/

Noun:

• An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.
  • A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.

**** changes.

Edit: Not saying that the "hat" thing isn't correct.

hack?er/?hak?r/

Noun:

• An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.
  • A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data.

**** changes.

Edit: Not saying that the "hat" thing isn't correct.

that definition kinda bugs me, I don't consider myself a hacker and people call me an overly enthusiastic programmer :huh: I dont "hack" things looking for ways to do stuff or break stuff that isn't allowed or planned.. unless you consider bug checking and hunting hacking now... :laugh:

She did not "Hack" the website, she just used a login she knew of someone. Big difference.

Correct.

She stole the passwords.

If she obtained the pass-code (by electronic means etc...) and/ or username it would have been a crack, not hack.

I "hacked" my school's grade system when I was younger. There was a test account they probably forgot about with username and password test/test. I was able to change and see everyone's grades and attendance information :p

I had to hack my car to get to work this morning. I guess I'm going to have to hack it to get home too. Good thing I have the keys, otherwise I'd have to break in.

I bet Michael Gove would offer her a job. He has a similar ethic when it comes to educational figures & statistics.