Red Dwarf X (Official Thread)

So they went back to earth, saw loads of people, but somehow next episode they've all maraciously died, or maybe they realised that dave's original series was a load of crap compared to the original BBC series...

And I have to say, looking at that trailer, it doesn't look set to be any better. Red Dwarf was excellent, and that just looks like another awful attempt to resurrect a dead horse. Hope I'm wrong, but it looks abysmal.

So they went back to earth, saw loads of people, but somehow next episode they've all maraciously died, or maybe they realised that dave's original series was a load of crap compared to the original BBC series...

And I have to say, looking at that trailer, it doesn't look set to be any better. Red Dwarf was excellent, and that just looks like another awful attempt to resurrect a dead horse. Hope I'm wrong, but it looks abysmal.

I love Red Dwarf but that special was really awful. I didn't realise that was also produced by Dave.

You seem to have missed the plot in back to earth. Did you even watch it? They didn't actually go back to earth, it was all a hallucination brought on by the female version of the despair squid in their water tanks that Cat had brought on board.

And abysmal how? Sure it wasn't as good as most of the prior series, but it wasn't "abysmal" in my opinion?

• Like 1

Didn't know holograms aged :)

At the end of Series 8, the last we saw of Rimmer, he was alive so could have aged then died thus explaining his appearance in this and that Back to Earth crap.

I'm up for any Red Dwarf. Lost count the number of times I've watched the BBC originals.

Luckily, they've brought back the canned laughter.

If anything I am encouraged by what I see here. It looks more like the old red dwarf, feels more like the old red dwarf and contains the old red dwarf style jokes. Hopefully it will be shot in a similar manner to the first 8 series, the CGI in the Dave special just made it feel very un-RD like to me.

I'm up for any Red Dwarf. Lost count the number of times I've watched the BBC originals.

Luckily, they've brought back the canned laughter.

Its not canned, this new series was filmed in front of a live audience!

Hrmm im still skeptical after those specials but red dwarf is a damn classic so will definitely be looking out for this

I'll be watching RD 8. Hopefully we might get some new smeg-ups too :D

Red Dwarf is one of the few shows i'll give countless chances because of how good it used to be.

This series has the potential to not be complete crap as they've gone back to Red Dwarf/Starbug.

• 1 month later...
The episode titles of the upcoming Red Dwarf series X have been revealed.

Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) announced the six titles of the new episodes on his official blog yesterday (August 22).

The titles are as follows:

1. Trojan

2. Fathers and Suns

3. Lemons

4. Entangled

5. Dear Dave

6. The Beginning

The final episode's title mirrors the long-running sitcom's first ever episode 'The End', hinting that the show may be heading for some form of rounded climax.

Llewellyn wrote: "Due to upcoming press junkets and associated gubbins relating to the small rouge one, I have been refreshing my addled memory by watching the new series of Red Dwarf in a secure cold-war bunker under the M4.

"I could try and be all self deprecating and depressed because I don't want to raise your hopes too much, but I just can't do that. Red Dwarf X is way better than I ever dared hope.

"I truly believe you are going to love it!"

Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Llewellyn and Danny John-Jules will all return to the much loved sci-fi series later this year.

Red Dwarf will premiere its latest series on Dave in the autumn.

First: Only on Dave?

Second: I loved Red Dwarf but thought it ended a long time ago. I have the Red Dwarf: The Complete Collection DVDs that was released in 2006.

Third: Guess us Americans who love this show will have to wait for a DVD release. in 2013-14. :(

Yea, I edited that, because I got to thinking: "Dave is one of the chars." Thanx for clarifying that for me. Glad I don't have to track "Dave Lister" down, tie him up just to watch the show. :p

Wow! I remember Red Dwarf from aeons ago... I had not idea it was still going... they used to air it on PBS (I think it was) at some point, along with Dr. Who. I still have (a very ratty and hole-ridden) Red Dwarf t-shirt. :)

• Like 1