Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

tv Red Dwarf X (Official Thread)

53 posts in this topic

Yea, I edited that, because I got to thinking: "Dave is one of the chars." Thanx for clarifying that for me. Glad I don't have to track "Dave Lister" down, tie him up just to watch the show. :p

:rofl:

I really love red dwarf and grew up on it, loved the books, however i hope they think about ending it as it really don't want to see red dwarf run into the ground.

I've always liked the idea of them coming full circle with the early episodes, it would be good to see them coming full circle on two particular episodes

Series 2 status leak where they go throught the status field and go forward in time, meet kochanski and the double double rimmer, lister with the orginal rimmer having a break down just at the end of the episode "goo awayyyyyyyyy" :D

And finally wrap the series up with future echos from series 1, with lister old on his bed with a mechanical arm, ive always felt that to be a great ending to the series and really does tie in the consistent theme of uroboros / full circle that has ran through the series.

also i want to see norman lovett as holly, he was by far the best/funniest!

also i want to see norman lovett as holly, he was by far the best/funniest!

Sadly,

Doesn't look like they'll be any Holly whatsoever in this series. :(

5R6T9y9.jpg

Yay can't wait :)

DT8NF.jpg

aclvI8tI.jpg abmtOVF7.jpg actHKgDh.jpg adxxxOEu.jpg adqBEuBq.jpg acnLkSAO.jpg adzTdGHR.jpg adqE8noZ.jpg adfFeNRZ.jpg adlxeZOJ.jpg abwgbFuH.jpg

Red Dwarf FTW!!!

I really hope they can recapture some of the magic of some of the episodes in seasons 3-6... but I think that's unlikely :(

So what did everyone think? Did anyone remember it was on? :laugh:

I thought it was alright, it did feel like earlier series' and hopefully will only get better as the series goes on.

I enjoyed it. I loved The Cat, it's like he's back to his Series 1 self. Yaaaooowww! :rofl:

Also liked the OS X jibes with the beach balls of death. :p

1 person likes this

Forgot it was on will watch it tonight lol

Sadly,

Doesn't look like they'll be any Holly whatsoever in this series. :(

no holly at all :(

thats bad, holly was a big part of the books/first set of series

I watched it last night and thought it was great! It's back to its roots where you don't take it too seriously. It's all a bit crazy and tongue in cheek, not 100% sticking to the laws of Physics etc. Really looking forward to the next episode. I find it amazing people are so critical of Red Dwarf sometimes. They are completely missing 'its angle'.

I am still personally hoping for a 'surprise' visit from Holly in a later episode ;)

I don't think Norman will come back at all. He doesn't get on with the maker of the show and apparently he's not so enthusiastic about the role anyways.

Norman Lovett fell out with the writers and although apparently asked back for Back to Earth was left "hanging" so I doubt we will see him again. It is worth noting that this series is only one of the original writers and a new team as the writers also split which is why Red Dwarf got worse towards the end (Seasons 6 & 7)

However on a brighter note, yes it does get better :)

Great start to the series last night. Contained easily one of the funniest scenes in the show's history; the

lateral thinking

scene. :rofl:

BTW, maybe a mod should change the title to make it the official topic?

Very good IMO, like MJ said the lateral thinking scene was great. They really captured some of the feel of the older series before is got a bit iffy in season 8. I just hope they keep it up like this, if so its gonna be great!

The crew of Red Dwarf flew back onto our screens this week for their first full series since 1999 and attracted an impressive 1.5m (6.3%) viewers.
1 person likes this

The crew of Red Dwarf flew back onto our screens this week for their first full series since 1999 and attracted an impressive 1.5m (6.3%) viewers.

It was the second best rating for UKTV ever. Number 1 is Red Dwarf Back to Earth. :laugh:

Certainly still has the cult following it always has had.

Definitely a good start to the season, it actually felt like a Red Dwarf episode.

The bird in Entangled is fit!

EDIT: Sydney Stevenson, I believe. Daughter of Robert Lindsay.

post-645-0-31620500-1351601294.jpg

Just watched this Thursday's episode ("Dear Dave"). The vending machine's voice at the start is Sydney Stevenson again, I'm sure of it!

Dave dont have a channel on Sky Go (Online catchup service) :(

I have managed to find somewhere to watch it but I wont mention that here