Wi-fi AP on powerline adaptors

I have some Solwise pl-1000m powerline adaptors that are used to connect devices to my network in places i've not yet been able to run CAT5 to.

If I connect a cabled device directly to the powerline or even connect a switch to the powerline adaptor and then connect one or more devices to the switch everything works fine.

If however I connect an AP to the powerline adaptor it doesn't work Wireless devices cannot pass traffic over the Powerline link.

What will happen is a client will happily accociate to the AP and get assigned an IP via DHCP, I can see an ARP entry being created in the routers ARP table binding the AP to the MAC address of the clients wi-fi card.

I can even ARP ping the device from the router and it responds, but i get no Layer3 connectivity.

I know the AP works as If I relocate it somewhere else where there are no powerline adaptors in the path between it and the router it works perfectly, likewise i know the powerline adaptors work in this location as I have a laptop and a HP microsever connected to a switch working perfectly happily over them.

I've also tried another AP at this location which again exhibits the same behavour.

Right for Now I've put an Alix 2D3 running RouterOS between the AP and the powerline and had it establish a ethoip tunnel to an RB751, This works but probably isn't the best solution.

I did think about just shoving the stuff upstairs on another subnet and then just routing between upstairs and downstairs but I thought that might get very messy if a device were to roam between AP's as it would then have to aqquire a new IP and probably would cause existing connections to drop.