More Windows 8 RTM Screen shots!

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#16 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:21

Didn't Microsoft already say that the white one would be the default theme?

I hope so.

#17 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:24

for me some thing is metro is nice , like the clean icons and clean UI , but i believe it goes OTT by removing any form of colour and so much white.

Why don't they allow desktop icons that are 255X255 be used in the start screen like a native metro app. maybe the tile colour could be based on the icon colour. or a different boarder colour for desktop app.

#18 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:25

Now they just need metro style icons for everything. I would also make the ribbon headers capital like in the new Office.

I personally don't like the change in the Start Screen tiles, but I know a lot of people complained about that, so its probably what led them to change it.

#19 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:25

Why is everything going flatter? That seems so 80's. I want a UI with bevels and 3d elements not some ugly flat monstrosity.

Posted Image

:whistle:

#20 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:28

When are they going to update the date/time display on the taskbar to look a little better, btw?

#21 ambiance

ambiance

Identity Thief

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:28

I'm in love with the flatter UI. :wub:

I'm not a big fan of Metro, but I agree with this statement. The desktop changes are beautiful.

#22 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:31

Why is everything going flatter? That seems so 80's. I want a UI with bevels and 3d elements not some ugly flat monstrosity.

Actually, when I think of the 80s I think of anything but minimalism, there was a lot of flashy nonsense in the 80s. MacOS was a bit minimalistic, but had to be just because it was made for monochrome monitors and you can't do too much with two colors without really making things look bad.

#23 vetFourjays

Fourjays

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:33

Looks like an inconsistent mess to me. I'd say more but I don't know where to begin... I mean, how many UI paradigms do they have going on there? :blink:

#24 insanelyapple

insanelyapple

Neowinian

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:36

I think that Microsoft turned engines back and stopped somewhere around Neptune/Whistler in design. Theres still huge inconsistency in some GUI elements, but it looks much better than last published version of 8.
But i really dont like it.

#25 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:49

Posted Image

:whistle:

Sigh~
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You really have too much spare time and use it to generalize every single Windows user, just like Microsoft is doing right now.

#26 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

Posted 22 July 2012 - 20:55

Sigh~
You really have too much spare time and use it to generalize every single Windows user, just like Microsoft is doing right now.

To be fair, he was very close to the mark to be honest!

#27 johnporter29

johnporter29

a = 1; b = 2; a + b = c

• Phone: Lenovo A820

Posted 22 July 2012 - 21:01

Going by the fifth screenshot on the link, are they going to give you the option to go straight to the desktop after all? ;)

#28 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

Posted 22 July 2012 - 21:05

Going by the fifth screenshot on the link, are they going to give you the option to go straight to the desktop after all? ;)

Excellent point! I just looked at the window borders, never even thought to look at the text :D

#29 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 July 2012 - 21:06

Well spotted. I was so busy looking at the UI I ignored the text but that should satisfy a lot of the "I'm a poweruser" complaints.

#30 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 22 July 2012 - 21:07

Nope... If you follow the winsupersite link under the screenshot you mentioned that's a Stardock Start8 dialog.