Just got the Jelly Bean OTA on my Nexus S

I didn't feel like waiting for the carrier to push the OTA to my phone so I got it with the "Clear Google Services Framework data" trick, and so far it's pretty neat.

UI is just as smooth as it gets, both when dragging around and when launching apps.

It also solves one of my gripes with ICS, which was a sometimes quite noticeable lag on the keyboard when autocorrection was enabled. I installed Swift to fix that but now I'm back with the default keyboard and it's super smooth.

All in all JB is awesome, but there's one issue: Google Now results in Spanish aren't nearly as good as in English. Almost every single question you make gets a plain Google Search answer, which isn't bad but certainly not as good as it's supposed to be :/

ICS had an OTA fix for Vodafone yesterday which fixed the Swype lockup for me. Shame the S II won't get JB without a root.

so I have a nexus on verizon and ICS I'm playing around with. Can I get jellybean on it with this method?

so I have a nexus on verizon and ICS I'm playing around with. Can I get jellybean on it with this method?

Nope, you'll need to install a custom Rom. I just installed Vicious v1 JB 4.1.1 a couple days ago and it is definitely pretty awesome.

not right now. you will have to wait for a week or two.

That's funny. I think you mean a month or four.

Google stated that the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus devices will receive JB this month. Some Nexus/S updates have already been pushed out.

Google stated that the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus devices will receive JB this month. Some Nexus/S updates have already been pushed out.

Yeah, for GSM units. If you or anyone thinks Verizon will push this update out that quickly, you're crazy. Does no one recall how long it took for them to push out the simple ICS update? This is far more complex than a simple OS update.

All I'm saying is if you want JB on your Verizon Nexus S or G-Nex anytime soon, you're much better off getting a custom rom. There are plenty of "stock" JB roms out there right now.