The famous XP wallpaper

4838859_460s_v1.jpeg

My brother just sent me this, I think MS should include the lower image in a windows update to replace the original wallpaper as a hint to any remaining XP users :p

Uhhhh not sure if thats true or not but I always thought it was CGI :p

i remember in the days that it was a photograph taken in US.

It's a real photo, but it's not all dead, its a vinyard and the leaves have turned brown, they just took the picture at the height of the leave color then over color corrected it and over saturated the colors...

Is this the correct map view ?

https://maps.google....291071765431019

Yes, that is in the same general neighborhood, slightly different location and angle. If you go to the page and paste in this "38.250124,-122.410817" without the quotations in the search bar, the address on the photo, it will give you a slightly better angle of the spot. I had to do a 180 and zoom in a little to get into a pretty good position as in the original photo..

Yes, that is in the same general neighborhood, slightly different location and angle. If you go to the page and paste in this "38.250124,-122.410817" without the quotations in the search bar, the address on the photo, it will give you a slightly better angle of the spot. I had to do a 180 and zoom in a little to get into a pretty good position as in the original photo..

Strange I tried entering that into maps earlier and it couldn't find it

Works now cheers :)

It had been my default wallpaper for years (like many others) and really thought it was a photoshop designed picture. around 2009, I discovered that it was a real photo, just photoshopped to make it more colour rich.

It had been my default wallpaper for years (like many others) and really thought it was a photoshop designed picture. around 2009, I discovered that it was a real photo, just photoshopped to make it more colour rich.

Not according to the photographer.

I generally never used to bother changing wall papers at all and that wall paper was on my desktop for eons!! I mean, c'mon, who sets and looks at that for more than a couple seconds anyway?

Use my own pics, which almost never get changed, for wall paper on Windows 7 all the time though.

I generally never used to bother changing wall papers at all and that wall paper was on my desktop for eons!! I mean, c'mon, who sets and looks at that for more than a couple seconds anyway?

Use my own pics, which almost never get changed, for wall paper on Windows 7 all the time though.

I'm not creative enough to come up with a real comment!

Anyone want the original uncompressed 600dpi version of Bliss in TIFF format? PM me.

If you look at the high resolution photo of Bliss you can see a bird in the sky. :p

vWgvj.png

You can download a 47MB 600dpi TIFF image of Bliss here: http://dl.dropbox.co...ss%20600dpi.tif

Wow, thanks for pointing that one out, I hadn't seen that before! Retro thread is pretty awesome, lol! (Y)