Man Killed Roommate With Machete

TAMPA - Authorities arrested a Tampa man on Sunday after they say he attacked and killed his roommate with a machete and then tried to take off to Mexico.

Candelario Herrera -Vazquez, 24, and his roommate reportedly got into a fight at 2 a.m. on Saturday at their apartment at 1410 East 140 Avenue in Tampa. At 11:30 a.m., detectives responded to the apartment in reference to a report of a dead man.

One of five people who lived at the apartment found the unidentified victim in a bedroom. He had suffered injuries to his upper body.

Detectives say Herrera -Vazquez went to Sarasota County and got rid of the machete in a public trash can. It was found by the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office.

Herrera -Vazquez bought a bus ticket to Mexico and boarded a bus in Wimauma, authorities said. The Marion County Sheriff's Office detained Herrera -Vazquez on Sunday when the bus stopped in Ocala. He was held until detectives from Hillsborough County could arrive and take him into custody.

source

WTF?! He just snapped or something else going on that the media either does not know or is not reporting?

BAN ALL KNIVES!!!! :whistle:

There's a difference.

You can't kill 12 people and injure 50+ in a movie theater with a knife. You can with an assault rifle.

You generally have to get pretty close to the person to injure him with a knife (unless you're really good at throwing it), you don't have to with a gun.

There's a difference.

You can't kill 12 people and injure 50+ in a movie theater with a knife. You can with an assault rifle.

You generally have to get pretty close to the person to injure him with a knife (unless you're really good at throwing it), you don't have to with a gun.

You could with a machete if you were persistent enough. Albeit, in the shooting in specific. That guy would have done more damage if he just threw grenades. You know, because he knows how to make bombs anyway.

There's a difference.

1) most of the killed and wounded were done with the shotgun and the Glock. The .40 Glock holds 13-15 rounds, but a pump shotgun firing single-0 buckshot 12 gauge shells can launch up to ten .30 cal lead projectiles with each shot and they usually hold up to 8. Do the math.

2) The AR-16, which IS NOT an assault rifle because it lacks selective full-auto fire, jammed after a few rounds.

1) most of the killed and wounded were done with the shotgun and the Glock. The .40 Glock holds 13-15 rounds, but a pump shotgun firing single-0 buckshot 12 gauge shells can launch up to ten .30 cal lead projectiles with each shot and they usually hold up to 8. Do the math.

2) The AR-16, which IS NOT an assault rifle because it lacks selective full-auto fire, jammed after a few rounds.

AR-16 jammed? He should of did his SPORTS

You could with a machete if you were persistent enough. Albeit, in the shooting in specific. That guy would have done more damage if he just threw grenades. You know, because he knows how to make bombs anyway.

Nope. I do not think you could get even close to those numbers with a knife.

There's a difference.

Lol, funny, Someone could go down a crowded NYC street and start slashing and chopping people up. You don't think more than one person could be killed? Get real..

Not that I care either way but he specifically said movie theater and you're using the NYC streets as an example. That and he never stated that you couldn't kill more than 1 person with a knife like you seemed to imply.

1) most of the killed and wounded were done with the shotgun and the Glock. The .40 Glock holds 13-15 rounds, but a pump shotgun firing single-0 buckshot 12 gauge shells can launch up to ten .30 cal lead projectiles with each shot and they usually hold up to 8. Do the math.[/color]

Ok so forget I said assault rifle and just replace it with a gun.

You can kill 12 people and injure 60 with a gun.

Lol, funny, Someone could go down a crowded NYC street and start slashing and chopping people up. You don't think more than one person could be killed? Get real..

So you're telling me a guy with a knife could kill more people than a guy with a gun? Come on. Even if you had a small pistol, you could do way more damage with it than a knife.

You can stand 50+ feet away from people and kill them with a gun, Can't do that with a knife.

Ok so forget I said assault rifle and just replace it with a gun.

You can kill 12 people and injure 60 with a gun.

So you're telling me a guy with a knife could kill more people than a guy with a gun? Come on. Even if you had a small pistol, you could do way more damage with it than a knife.

YO can stand 50 feet away from people and kill them with a gun, Can't do that with a knife.

No i'm telling you a knife or machete can kill more than one person at a time especially in capable hands.

No i'm telling you a knife or machete can kill more than one person at a time especially in capable hands.

Yes because the criminals who often commit these crimes are well trained in knife combat. In fact they all come from navy SEAL backgrounds, or from the Japanese Hibashi Ninja clan.

Oh wait...

We aren't talking pros here since they usually don't end up going on murderous rampages. Criminals / people with mental disorders do, and a gun is a far deadlier weapon than a knife.

That was pretty much my point.

Yes because the criminals who often commit this crimes are well trained in knife combat. In fact they all come from navy SEAL backgrounds, or from the Japanese Hibashi Ninja clan.

I never said that, stop putting words in my mouth. There's a lot of unstable people that like to play with knives.. Compared to someone that don't use them except for eating then they are more capable..