• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#16 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,265 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 25 July 2012 - 19:40

I agree on the concept art. I would hate to play a game looking like that. Too much HDR.

#17 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,160 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:50

If the game actually looked like that then i would be quite impressed.

#18 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• 3,240 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:19

If this is what we call "stunning lighting" these days then wow, we've really stopped progressing haven't we? Cause these shots are rather unimpressive and don't look like anything all that beyond what we've currently seen.

Gameplay is what I care about. Sorry but Crysis 1 and 2 sucked in the gameplay department. Boring as hell. Crytek has a long way to go before they are on the Valve level of single player campaign FPS production. Half Life 2 this is not.

I'd have to say the opposite, that crysis(the first one atleast, haven't played 2) was more enjoyable gameplay wise than HL2 was. Probably because you had some degree of freedom, rather than being pretty much completely confined to a single narrow hallway with no other way to get to where you were going.

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,493 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:23

Gameplay is what I care about. Sorry but Crysis 1 and 2 sucked in the gameplay department. Boring as hell. Crytek has a long way to go before they are on the Valve level of single player campaign FPS production. Half Life 2 this is not.

And a good thing that is. HL series are crap, I don't understand why people think they gameplay or story in that pile is so good.

#20 Vice

Vice

Bye!

• 15,877 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:25

And a good thing that is. HL series are crap, I don't understand why people think they gameplay or story in that pile is so good.

I guess you just don't like things that the majority of people do.

Posted Image

#21 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,493 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:25

I guess you just don't like things that the majority of people do.

Posted Image

Majority liking it doesn't make it good, it just means it targets the lowest common.

or are you saying the new Ghost recon games are better than the original, that the new Rainbows six games are better than raven shield and it's predecessors. and I put very little faith in reviewers for what I like. if I did I would only be watching boring drama movies.

#22 Vice

Vice

Bye!

• 15,877 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:37

You said " I don't understand why people think they gameplay or story in that pile is so good."

People think it's good because it is good. Your opinion isn't with the majority on this one and the mile of great reviews and the fact it made game of the year etc just shows how good the game was received. A game doesn't need to only tickle the fancy of 10,000 people and be a total niche to be great. Tomb Raider is a great game, you obviously play it based on your Signature and it also got rave reviews when it released on the PC and PS1. Do you disagree that Tomb Raider is a great game?

We get it, you didn't like Half Life 2, that's fine. It is still a great game and one by which other FPS's will be judged.

#23 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,160 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:56

I believe Crysis 2 utilized a large majority of the 360/PS3 hardware so I doubt Crysis 3 will use much more (since much more isn't available these days, it's rather late in the generation cycle).

So basically the game will look practically the same as Crysis 2 on the consoles. These "amazing screenshots" look the same as the Crysis 2 screenshots to me.

In fact, the PC version will highly likely look very similar to Crysis 2 also. Two reasons:
1) The game is made along-side old consoles, which will bring down the PC visual quality a small amount (not as much a PC gaming fans fear) 2) PC hardware hasn't changed too much since Crysis 2, and Crysis 2 already included the latest DX11 features (with the official patch, that is) which still make only but the very latest mid-2012 hardware run at <60 FPS in maximum detail (tessellation is still a killer).

#24 Vice

Vice

Bye!

• 15,877 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:57

Is everyone having a birthday around here today? haha

#25 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,160 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:58

Is everyone having a birthday around here today? haha

Happy birthday to meeeee :D

#26 x-byte

x-byte

Neowinian

• 4,155 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:02

It is just down sampled shots. Doesn't look that much better than C2.

#27 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,738 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:05

I hope they scrap the multiplayer portion of Crysis 3 altogether. I had fun with it but uh yeah... everything that could go wrong with it did go wrong and I don't have faith in Crytek getting it right. I also don't see them going back to the multiplayer style of Crysis 1 which is disappointing as it was far more fun than the poor CoD clone they tried to go for with Crysis 2.

#28 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,160 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:06

I hope they scrap the multiplayer portion of crysis 3 altogether. I had fun with it but uh yeah... everything that could go wrong with it did go wrong. I don't see them going back to the multiplayer style of crysis 1 which is disappointing.

I feel they put a lot of effort into Crysis 2's multiplayer and I enjoy it a lot.

I just wish it was more popular :/

#29 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,738 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:10

I feel they put a lot of effort into Crysis 2's multiplayer and I enjoy it a lot.

I just wish it was more popular :/

I did play it a lot too and enjoyed it. But the pc version was just bad bad bad. For starters they let people who pirated the game play on retail servers and if they got banned they could use a key generator to create a new key. So all they had to do was reinstall the game and continue playing like nothing happened. And to make matters even worse was that there was no cheat detection to speak of. It was an internet douche bags wet dream basically. Hackers had a lot of fun, no one else did. It was just terrible.

And then after having to put up with that crap Crytek/EA wanted to charge us for more maps. That pretty much killed the game in a hurry for the pc version.

#30 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,160 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:13

I did play it a lot too and enjoyed. But the pc version was just bad bad bad. For starters they let people who pirated the game play on retail servers and if they got banned they could use a key generator to create a new key. So all they had to do was reinstall the game and continue playing like nothing happened. And to make matters even worse was that there was no cheat detection at all so that just makes the first two problems worse. It was just terrible.

And then after having to put up with that crap they wanted to charge us for more maps. That pretty much killed the game in a hurry for the pc version.

I wasn't aware of those points.

That is a shame :(