'Crysis 3' leaked screenshots show off stunning lighting

I hope they scrap the multiplayer portion of Crysis 3 altogether. I had fun with it but uh yeah... everything that could go wrong with it did go wrong and I don't have faith in Crytek getting it right. I also don't see them going back to the multiplayer style of Crysis 1 which is disappointing as it was far more fun than the poor CoD clone they tried to go for with Crysis 2.

I hope they scrap the multiplayer portion of crysis 3 altogether. I had fun with it but uh yeah... everything that could go wrong with it did go wrong. I don't see them going back to the multiplayer style of crysis 1 which is disappointing.

I feel they put a lot of effort into Crysis 2's multiplayer and I enjoy it a lot.

I just wish it was more popular :/

I feel they put a lot of effort into Crysis 2's multiplayer and I enjoy it a lot.

I did play it a lot too and enjoyed it. But the pc version was just bad bad bad. For starters they let people who pirated the game play on retail servers and if they got banned they could use a key generator to create a new key. So all they had to do was reinstall the game and continue playing like nothing happened. And to make matters even worse was that there was no cheat detection to speak of. It was an internet douche bags wet dream basically. Hackers had a lot of fun, no one else did. It was just terrible.

And then after having to put up with that crap Crytek/EA wanted to charge us for more maps. That pretty much killed the game in a hurry for the pc version.

I did play it a lot too and enjoyed. But the pc version was just bad bad bad. For starters they let people who pirated the game play on retail servers and if they got banned they could use a key generator to create a new key. So all they had to do was reinstall the game and continue playing like nothing happened. And to make matters even worse was that there was no cheat detection at all so that just makes the first two problems worse. It was just terrible.

And then after having to put up with that crap they wanted to charge us for more maps. That pretty much killed the game in a hurry for the pc version.

I wasn't aware of those points.

That is a shame :(

Yeah I read this as 'we want to make patches easier instead of having to make 3 completely different patch systems and patches' so they'll be screwing PC gamers over again.

I look forward to the final version's screenshots but I won't be getting it.

why the guess work if these are in game or not, there are videos of the game out already that show these parts of the game

They are running the ps3 version in that video but it doesn't look all that different from Crysis 2.

why the guess work if these are in game or not, there are videos of the game out already that show these parts of the game

<video snipped>

We never disputed whether these were in-game or not.

I am saying they look the same quality as Crysis 2, which is to be expected in this case.

Didn't get the second one, probably won't get the third one. :p After Crysis it just got worse IMO.

How do you know if you didn't get Crysis 2?

• Like 2

I read that as "PC players will get screwed out of a great shooter because the consoles aren't as capable". It's Crysis 2 all over again :(

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought that.....

The images look interesting to me but how a still image actually renders when running is a whole different ball game.......

You said " I don't understand why people think they gameplay or story in that pile is so good."

People think it's good because it is good. Your opinion isn't with the majority on this one and the mile of great reviews and the fact it made game of the year etc just shows how good the game was received. A game doesn't need to only tickle the fancy of 10,000 people and be a total niche to be great. Tomb Raider is a great game, you obviously play it based on your Signature and it also got rave reviews when it released on the PC and PS1. Do you disagree that Tomb Raider is a great game?

We get it, you didn't like Half Life 2, that's fine. It is still a great game and one by which other FPS's will be judged.

i consider more of a mediocre game, it's entertaining, but not up there, and like HL one of the games i don't have an immediate need to finish. also as I remember this particular Tom Raider didn't

i consider more of a mediocre game, it's entertaining, but not up there, and like HL one of the games i don't have an immediate need to finish. also as I remember this particular Tom Raider didn't

So which FPS would you consider to be better than Half Life 2?

I was a big fan of the multiplayer as well. Never really got into the original's multiplayer, personally.

Do you guys even bother reading the article?

"According to Donzallaz, the lighting and post-processing effects exhibited in the screenshots are running in real time."

As impressive as this is, my experience with the Crysis games so far has been that they're all about visual impact. In most of them I have found the gameplay either boring or outright frustrating. Hopefully this one will be different.

• Like 1

So which FPS would you consider to be better than Half Life 2?

Well Crysis for one. heck even the Modern Warfare games, which do tell the story in an excellent way with their cinematography. But personally I find Raven shield and it's earlier RB6 and the original Ghost recon to be best. Even though they may focus more on the gameplay than the story.

They don't look all that technically impressive, imo.

Nowhere near ultra-realistic and none of the trees look lifelike.

Always amazes me , the utter disrespect of some people. I'd like to see you put together assets that look that good. Those screen shots may not be ultra realistic... but who cares? They're still stunningly well drawn. Artists put in a lot of hours ... tons of overtime (most of the time unpaid extra time btw) to put graphics into video games. Then when people come on and say such narrow minded and insulting things like this, it makes them wonder why they bother. You know what? These graphics look incredible and I'm sorry, but your statements are just terribly misplaced.

Modern Warfare better than Half Life 2?

That's not an opinion many people are going to have.

Always amazes me , the utter disrespect of some people. I'd like to see you put together assets that look that good. Those screen shots may not be ultra realistic... but who cares? They're still stunningly well drawn. Artists put in a lot of hours ... tons of overtime (most of the time unpaid extra time btw) to put graphics into video games. Then when people come on and say such narrow minded and insulting things like this, it makes them wonder why they bother. You know what? These graphics look incredible and I'm sorry, but your statements are just terribly misplaced.

For the love of.. What is wrong with you?

I'm sorry, are people not allowed to comment on the game?

At what point did I personally insult the artists and declare their life's work in vain? Of course they're well drawn, but how they're created technically is not that impressive! Where did I say the artists are hopeless? The screenshots are nowhere near as impressive as previous Crysis games (which was by far the prettiest game ever made when it was released), given that they don't look any better than those of Skyrim with mods? If the whole point of the thread (or source) is to say "Look how good this technology looks!" and it contains a screenshot that has really fake looking plant life, why is it so wrong to point it out?

People are allowed to have opinions, regardless of whether you like them or not.

As impressive as this is, my experience with the Crysis games so far has been that they're all about visual impact. In most of them I have found the gameplay either boring or outright frustrating. Hopefully this one will be different.

Some people love the Crysis series, others hate it. I personally enjoy them a lot. I do think the story line is definitely not a strong point at all, but it gives the player one reason to carry on. Crytek probably use Crysis as a method to market the Crytek engine to other dev's.

Enjoyed Crysis 1,got bored on the 2nd,have a feeling i am gonna enjoy the 3rd one.I really liked the video showing some gameplay but the screenshots on the first post dont seem that "in-game" to me.

Modern Warfare better than Half Life 2?

That's not an opinion many people are going to have.

For the love of.. What is wrong with you?

I'm sorry, are people not allowed to comment on the game?

At what point did I personally insult the artists and declare their life's work in vain? Of course they're well drawn, but how they're created technically is not that impressive! Where did I say the artists are hopeless? The screenshots are nowhere near as impressive as previous Crysis games (which was by far the prettiest game ever made when it was released), given that they don't look any better than those of Skyrim with mods? If the whole point of the thread (or source) is to say "Look how good this technology looks!" and it contains a screenshot that has really fake looking plant life, why is it so wrong to point it out?

People are allowed to have opinions, regardless of whether you like them or not.

Yes that's true but too often these days I see comments like "That looks crap" or "That's not impressive at all" ... when it IS impressive. It isn't crap. It's actually amazingly well drawn. People are just so extreme with their comments. Perhaps a better way of saying something's not to your liking is "Well, it's really good quality but I've seen better". That'd be fair.

Maybe I am using your post as an example, but only because it is just something I see so often. People have these super high standards as if anything less than perfection is 'crap'. Like PC gamers saying console games look crap. In fact, they don't. They look amazing. Battlefield on the PS3 is beautiful looking, as is Killzone 2 and 3. They're exceptional works of game art.

So nothing's wrong with me. I just believe that people have become complacent about the art in video games and it's sad.