crysis 3 screenshots eye candy

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 dafin0

dafin0

Neowinian

• 673 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:28

why the guess work if these are in game or not, there are videos of the game out already that show these parts of the game

#32 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,387 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:28

Yeah I read this as 'we want to make patches easier instead of having to make 3 completely different patch systems and patches' so they'll be screwing PC gamers over again.
I look forward to the final version's screenshots but I won't be getting it.

#33 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,845 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:38

why the guess work if these are in game or not, there are videos of the game out already that show these parts of the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fEjY2dr4z8

They are running the ps3 version in that video but it doesn't look all that different from Crysis 2.

#34 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,243 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:52

<video snipped>

We never disputed whether these were in-game or not.

I am saying they look the same quality as Crysis 2, which is to be expected in this case.

#35 Lucas

Lucas

Neowinian

• 1,261 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 14:10

Didn't get the second one, probably won't get the third one. :p After Crysis it just got worse IMO.

#36 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,243 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 26 July 2012 - 14:19

Didn't get the second one, probably won't get the third one. :p After Crysis it just got worse IMO.

How do you know if you didn't get Crysis 2?

#37 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

• 4,786 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 15:07

looks like concept art to me

even after watching the video still looks like concept art

#38 StrikedOut

StrikedOut

Outside the box

• 860 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 15:17

I read that as "PC players will get screwed out of a great shooter because the consoles aren't as capable". It's Crysis 2 all over again :(

Glad I wasnt the only one who thought that.....

The images look interesting to me but how a still image actually renders when running is a whole different ball game.......

#39 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,981 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 July 2012 - 15:29

You said " I don't understand why people think they gameplay or story in that pile is so good."

People think it's good because it is good. Your opinion isn't with the majority on this one and the mile of great reviews and the fact it made game of the year etc just shows how good the game was received. A game doesn't need to only tickle the fancy of 10,000 people and be a total niche to be great. Tomb Raider is a great game, you obviously play it based on your Signature and it also got rave reviews when it released on the PC and PS1. Do you disagree that Tomb Raider is a great game?

We get it, you didn't like Half Life 2, that's fine. It is still a great game and one by which other FPS's will be judged.

i consider more of a mediocre game, it's entertaining, but not up there, and like HL one of the games i don't have an immediate need to finish. also as I remember this particular Tom Raider didn't

#40 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,170 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 26 July 2012 - 23:21

i consider more of a mediocre game, it's entertaining, but not up there, and like HL one of the games i don't have an immediate need to finish. also as I remember this particular Tom Raider didn't

So which FPS would you consider to be better than Half Life 2?

#41 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

• 1,450 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:05

I feel they put a lot of effort into Crysis 2's multiplayer and I enjoy it a lot.

I just wish it was more popular :/

I was a big fan of the multiplayer as well. Never really got into the original's multiplayer, personally.

#42 Tekkerson

Tekkerson

Droppin' them beats like hot potatoes.

• 1,390 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:36

Do you guys even bother reading the article?

"According to Donzallaz, the lighting and post-processing effects exhibited in the screenshots are running in real time."

#43 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,003 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:39

As impressive as this is, my experience with the Crysis games so far has been that they're all about visual impact. In most of them I have found the gameplay either boring or outright frustrating. Hopefully this one will be different.

#44 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,981 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:41

So which FPS would you consider to be better than Half Life 2?

Well Crysis for one. heck even the Modern Warfare games, which do tell the story in an excellent way with their cinematography. But personally I find Raven shield and it's earlier RB6 and the original Ghost recon to be best. Even though they may focus more on the gameplay than the story.

#45 +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

• 2,348 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:02

They don't look all that technically impressive, imo.

Nowhere near ultra-realistic and none of the trees look lifelike.

Always amazes me , the utter disrespect of some people. I'd like to see you put together assets that look that good. Those screen shots may not be ultra realistic... but who cares? They're still stunningly well drawn. Artists put in a lot of hours ... tons of overtime (most of the time unpaid extra time btw) to put graphics into video games. Then when people come on and say such narrow minded and insulting things like this, it makes them wonder why they bother. You know what? These graphics look incredible and I'm sorry, but your statements are just terribly misplaced.