[RTM] Windows 8 - CONFIRMED Windows 8 RTM Build = 9200.16384.win8_rtm.12072

you can do just that, but for some reason to the people on here not having the ability to change your color scheme from sky blue to baby blue makes the entire OS useless.

Not just that, eventually it may(I am not sure atm) go into the "30-minute reboot duration"; I'd rather not take this risk. :) (If it will happen to win8Emb.Std trial version, it could happen to the RTM).

screen1098.jpg

Rearm trick not working?

AFAIK it is, but a lot of the Win 8 features are locked down unless activated with a (valid) license key :\

AFAIK it is, but a lot of the Win 8 features are locked down unless activated with a (valid) license key :\

Re-arms only works in a "trial version" with a legit "trial key", it will show that you are in a grace period, and there are only 5 re-arms instead of 1000.

http://www.neowin.ne...evious-windows/

screen1100.jpg

Compare to the win8E after a rearm, 1 rearm was deducted, but still in Notification Mode, No grace period shown:

screen1181.jpg

So when does it expire? I'm still waiting on MS setting up their product Key store.

Nobody quite knows for sure.

Freak180 I suggest you take a look around some websites to help ease your fears on that...

/cryptic message

Looks like they've made using leaked copies so inconvinient and naggy that it's not even worth doing. Only 9 more days for me! WOOHOO!

Think again.

/another cryptic message

How much hdd space does win8 pro or pro media centre x64 take up? Has anyone figured out a way to boot into windows 8 yet or has that been completely disabled in the rtm build?

I'm scared now :/ I'm using it as my Main OS so I hope I'm still able to get a new key to activate

I wish Microsoft would allow us to buy the OS right now. I mean, it's done. I understand that the retail boxed copies take time to be made, but still. Almost 3 months left. The wait continues. If the leaked copy is giving you problems then downgrade to 7 and wait.

I wish Microsoft would allow us to buy the OS right now. I mean, it's done

They still need to train their support department, developers need to make sure their software still works with it (mine currently has issues that I know of), drivers need to be updated. Releasing immediately upon RTM would be a mess.

They still need to train their support department, developers need to make sure their software still works with it (mine currently has issues that I know of), drivers need to be updated. Releasing immediately upon RTM would be a mess.

who said anything about it releasing it right away, I took his statement to mean there should be pre-purchasing available

buy now and be guaranteed a link for download and a key at date of release in october

They can do a preview RTM program where people are made to click "I UNDERSTAND I AM ON MY OWN" a couple of times and then give out the keys/ISOs. If people want it, why not sale it?

They can do a preview RTM program where people are made to click "I UNDERSTAND I AM ON MY OWN" a couple of times and then give out the keys/ISOs. If people want it, why not sale it?

Because we all know everyone reads everything before clicking "I agree"

As a self employeed software developer, I wouldn't want to see this ever. Suddenly my phone will start blowing up with "this doesn't work with Windows 8!!!" before I've had a chance to fix it. My software worked fine in DP and CP, broke in RP, and now waiting for RTM before I fix it. The public getting Windows the same time as developers would be a nightmare for ISVs (and other places, I'm sure.)

Because we all know everyone reads everything before clicking "I agree"

As a self employeed software developer, I wouldn't want to see this ever. Suddenly my phone will start blowing up with "this doesn't work with Windows 8!!!" before I've had a chance to fix it. My software worked fine in DP and CP, broke in RP, and now waiting for RTM before I fix it. The public getting Windows the same time as developers would be a nightmare for ISVs (and other places, I'm sure.)

I would imagine most people who know about RTM preview should be wise enough to know the problems that may happen. It's not ideal world in that sense so I understand your side of the things. The flood gates open in 15 days anyway so you don't have much time to fix. :p

The flood gates open in 15 days anyway so you don't have much time to fix. :p

None of my users would have an MSDN/Technet subscription. Not a lot of need for that in tattoo shops :) But there are a handful of my enthusiast users that will have their hands on it pretty quick.

who said anything about it releasing it right away, I took his statement to mean there should be pre-purchasing available

buy now and be guaranteed a link for download and a key at date of release in october

Be guaranteed? Are you suggesting Microsoft won't provide these to everyone that wants them on the release date?

Be guaranteed? Are you suggesting Microsoft won't provide these to everyone that wants them on the release date?

And from the looks of it, you'll be able to buy online and download right away anyways.